Investigation

The android had found himself pleased that by the time his taxi stopped outside a rundown house supposedly belonging to a late Todd Williams, his request to investigate the crime scene had been approved by Captain Fowler. At least Captain Fowler is a fair-minded individual, Connor mused, stepping out of the warm mini taxi into a cold night.

A half-asleep human police officer eyed him suspiciously as he neared the porch stained with infrequent drops of thirium that seemed to start from inside the house all the way to the bus stand. He could see that the rain had washed most of it away, but it still came as new information to him. The deviant had been injured.

"Connor, RK800. I am the android sent by Cyberlife to investigate the crime scene. I have already received authorization from Captain Fowler." Connor parroted to the police officer who had outstretched an arm to prevent him from entering the house. The police officer grimaced at him in an unfriendly manner and then proceeded to move to the side. Connor minded this action little - he knew androids were not favorable especially those who secured well-reputed positions.

The sight of an upturned dinner table greeted him first with spaghetti bolognese splattered on the floor and the walls. A struggle or a conflict, he wondered taking note of the positions of the chairs. One chair had fallen backward, almost as if someone had risen too fast or with much aggression. He concluded that there had been a conflict and his LED blinked blue a few times before spinning slowly again. But a conflict between whom? The deviant and its owner?

Moving further along the dingy living room, he eyed the untidy coffee table. Cans, vapes, and a strange red powder-like substance sat staring at him to be analyzed. He first memorized the placing of each object before bending down to take a closer look. Todd Williams was a heavy drinker, liked to smoke and was also involved in drug abuse. A deadly combination, the android speculated, standing up once again. He did not quite understand why humans would like to shorten their own lives, but he had previously seen Lieutenant Anderson also carrying a similar problem to Todd Williams. His partner could not get away from his alcohol and had a distasteful personality. The android unconsciously pushed his coffee covered hair and wondered just how unfavorable Todd Williams might have been.

After exploring the ground floor, the android decided to head upstairs, but a sound of an old car pulling outside made him head to the window instead. Lieutenant Hank stepped out of his car, striding enraged towards the entrance and finally appearing before the android's eyes.

"You are a real prick aren't you, partner?" He spat, his grey hair glistening under the dull light. It seemed as if the Lieutenant had been caught up in the rain prior to coming here. The thought made Connor slightly pleased and he decided to ignore the Lieutenant as much as possible. The best way to end this conflict, here and now would be to apologize, the android decided, schooling his facial features to hide how he truly felt.

"I do apologize, Lieutenant Anderson. It was not my intention to proceed without you. I assure you, I myself arrived only four minutes and twenty-seven seconds ago, so there is still much to be analyzed."

Hank seemed a little appeased. "Oh yeah? Well, what have you found in these four minutes and twenty-seven seconds?"

Connor decided to give his partner an overlook of what he knew so far. "Upon entering this house, I discovered the dinner table upturned with food splattered on the floor and the walls. Two persons sat on this table and a conflict had transpired, most likely from the individual who sat here." He pointed at the chair which had collapsed backward. His partner nodded, understanding his reasoning and moved further in towards the TV.

"Upon analyzing the contents of this table, it is clear Todd Williams abused drugs, had an alcohol problem and was also a heavy smoker." Lieutenant Hank frowned slightly at this. Of course, he would be able to relate, the android mused walking towards the staircase where a drawer stood opposite to it. The papers scattered across were letters from the bank refusing loans due to a poor credit history.