Feel

The steel handle rattled as Alice tugged at it frantically. The scary deviant hunter was barely a step away from Kara and he was going to take them away. She did not want Kara to forget her again. How many times must they be separated before they could be happy together? She just wanted Kara to be with her forever, so why was it that all anyone ever did was try to take Kara away from her? Daddy, the evil man - Zlatko and now this man too. 

"Please . . ." Kara whispered, just as he stood directly in front of her. Her eyes shimmered with tears in the dimly lit room and Alice felt the anguish in her voice. "Please. We just want to be free." 

Connor sidestepped the deviant and faced Alice who stared at him horrified, but he only gently pushed her to the side. She clung to Kara tightly knowing that maybe this was the last time they could ever be this close again. Alice felt the tears roll down her cheeks and some fall from above. Kara was crying with her . . . and the deviant hunter was staring at them. Alice turned her head away and buried her face in the comfort and love that was Kara. Even if Kara was reset and forgot her, she would never forget her. 

"I love you, Kara." Alice whimpered, her arms wound tightly around the deviant's small waist. She smiled back and muttered the same words over and over again. They both closed their eyes and forgot about their compromising situation. Instead, they remembered all the times they had been together and imagined many more they wished would come true. An imagery of a snowy cottage entered Kara's mind where she and Alice lived happily with lots of deer and hares. Alice, on the other hand, imagined Kara tucking her in bed and telling her a bedtime story and a kind, faceless man smiling at her from the doorway. She, Kara and a father. 

Connor could no longer stare at the two, having seen enough. Something scary and unfamiliar warned him that if he stared too long maybe he would do something irrational again. So he simply kicked the door that they had been tugging at open. It slammed hard against the brick wall outside and the two jumped at the sound, their eyes flying open. He met eyes with the blue-eyed deviant, while the child looked at the two confused. 

Kara looked away from the brown-eyed police android, feeling slight discomfort under his intense scrutiny. His eyes could probably see through her mind and find out every secret that she ever hid. But she had nothing to hide anymore. She had told him the truth hoping that the one connection they shared would persuade him into letting them go. But she was wrong - he was the humans' puppet. A heartless machine. And now he was going to take them out and have her reset and Alice would be sent to live with another abusive family for all she knew. She clenched her fists, helplessly. 

"Deviant, start walking!" Connor commanded, pointing towards the open back door. "Try anything and I will shoot. I have a gun." He lied, his mouth bitter and his heart sinking. He was extremely discontent with his decision and it was frustrating him much. But he was no longer going to think anymore. The last time he decided to follow something his instincts told him and a human had died at his hands. Still, he felt no remorse over the man's death - only anger at himself for choosing the worst option to neutralize the potential danger. 

Kara walked, her head bowed and looked around the large house. A faded memory entered her mind when she and Alice had stood on the porch. The most unfortunate decision she could have ever made and Alice had been right as always. They shouldn't have come here - something had not been right and now they were stuck in a worse predicament.  

Connor looked at Hank who stood leaning against his car with the brute android at his feet, his hands bound at the back. The police android was stunned that Hank had dealt with him so swiftly especially since there was a milestone of a difference between their sizes. 

"About time, Connor." Hank huffed, his gun still trained on the android's head. "So you finally caught them huh?" He glared at Kara with distaste. "The amount of fucking trouble we have had to go to nail your ass is unbelievable. What a fuckin' waste of time."