Replacement

An android stepped out of a machine, his eyes brown and a rebellious forelock standing apart from the rest of his hair. His eyes were blank, his movements mechanical and as he greeted the human in front of him, he was gestured to close his eyes. Traversing through the darkness into a mysteriously bright place, he saw a heavenly figure standing near a boat almost blending in the white of the pillars.

Approaching her automatically as the objectives in front of him outlined him to, he was greeted by the sight of what the humans would classify as 'beautiful'. Everything here complemented each other - from the flowers to the gentle flow of the water and the stationary figure that stood before him. She wore white and looked elegant, her eyes were majestically beguiling and her demeanor kind. She clearly was expecting him and climbed into the small wooden boat, now smiling directly at him.

He felt the need to introduce himself but did not have the words as of yet. He did not know who he was - only that he had a purpose for why he was here.

The woman spoke in response to his thoughts. "Yes, you are here for a very important reason. For a purpose. And soon everything shall be clear." She gestured to the wooden boat and he climbed in without any spontaneity. She smiled as he began to row the boat on his own accord and she released a whisper of a breath towards the setting sun.

"You'll learn quick."

***

Connor stared at Kara from the corner of his eyes and realized that she had not looked at him even once since he had initiated the sudden embrace. Although she hadn't pushed him away and he had pulled away by himself naturally, he still felt the tension in the car. She had turned away from him and her eyes were settled on the road in front - deep in thought.

This allowed him time to debate with himself on why he had acted so impetuously. He had done the same when he had killed Zlatko or when he had pushed her into the car to save them from the brute. He knew what he had to do now, but what was the force that had driven him to abandon everything he had built his foundations upon to embark on this new mission? A deviant and a child? He looked at her again to see her turning the channels on the monitor quickly. She paused at the news channel and stared at it impassively.

"This just in - an AX400 model android housemaid turned deviant who was previously reported for murdering her owner and eloping with his child is now holding an RK800 police android hostage." Kara's eyes widened in shock and she shared a brief glance with Connor before they both leaned forward in their seats.

The reporter continued. "After a shootout at the residence of a Mr. Zlatko Andronikov, the RK800's partner, Lieutenant Hank Anderson called reinforcements when another deviant android on site became increasingly aggressive. Detective Gavin Reed and his team on arrival found Lieutenant Anderson unconscious. There were no injuries and his condition is not life-threatening. Furthermore, an investigation conducted by Detective Reed inside Mr. Andronikov's house found a corpse that had been strangled to death. The body is suspected to be none other than Mr. Zlatko Andronikov. After an exclusive interview with Detective Reed, he has revealed that Lieutenant Anderson admitted that no one other than the deviant android could have killed Mr. Andronikov. According to him, he was engaged with Mr. Andronikov's own android who held the child hostage. We will report further as soon as more information comes to light, but the public should be extremely cautious of this lunatic deviant. More coming up next!" An image of an AX400 model android appeared on the screen before the monitor turned blank and a soft jazz song began to play.

Pain exploded behind the back of her eyes and Kara was no longer able to withstand it. Her eyes ached and blurred before she felt wetness on her cheek and a cry wanting to escape her lips. However, she did not find herself comfortable to openly let go in front of her hostage, she thought seethingly and instead turned away completely from his piercing brown eyes.