Mutiny

The atmosphere at Jericho had taken a shift of turn. Thousands of androids - all of different capabilities and programs were marching from the Cyberlife tower and rescuing those who were being destroyed in camps. News channels were booming with new information and an immediate curfew and evacuation on Detroit were declared.

North squealed in happiness, her arms wrapping around another identical Traci's in elation. "We won! Detroit belongs to us! Androids have defeated the humans!"

At her words, a loud cheer went across Jericho as androids hugged, kissed and celebrated their victory. Some had heard her chants of victory and had risen from the dead whereas many who were stuck in a limbo peacefully passed from the physical world, content that their last memory was of blissful triumph.

Immediately, Markus prepared himself to declare the game-changer. Truly, it did not bother him that it was Connor, not him who had shifted the balance of power. There was only happiness and contentment in his heart even if he had failed to live up to the mark as the leader of Jericho. But there was another war pending - a war that only he and Connor understood. A war that loomed greater than the one between androids and their masters. No - this war would either envelop the world in great peace or endless destruction. A war he would always protect these androids from.

"Today our people emerged finally emerged from a long suffering. Those who were captivated in Cyberlife awaiting the fate of pain and abuse are free. Those who were captured in camps awaiting the fate of death and failure are free. Us - the ones who have hidden in this cesspit of darkness are free! And this freedom has not come cheap at all! It required patience and effort. Pain and risks. Challenges that were accepted by one of our own! The one who once hunted us and sought to capture our people! The one who was lost himself, but found home and happiness in one of us."

North watched as his eyes darted to the slight figure that stood timidly behind Lucy - her hand clutched tightly in the sage's as she wondered what this commotion was meant for. A smile almost touched North's mouth - she had tried to hate this deviant that had brought them nothing, but bad repute, but over the days she had seen a victimized android. Just like herself.

"It was to protect this home that he sought to put himself in risk! He, the one whom you all despised and were wary of! The one who gave it all for us!" And with that, he hacked into the large screen and displayed a picture of an RK800 Connor model. "HIM!"

The androids that were cheering once now were eerily silent for a few moments. The leader watched the final negative emotions evaporate from their faces. Finally, one of them smiled and then another until all of them were grinning. Except for the one who he had done this all for.

She stared silently at the screen and then at the cheering androids. Lucy was whispering something in her ear, but it did nothing to alleviate the tense expression from her face. She finally looked up at him in reassurance and it was then he connected with her mind.

He is not hurt.

Instant relief appeared on her pale face and then she was smiling tenderly with a mixture of pride and longing. He understood why. Connor had left without saying goodbye. All morning, she had wandered around Jericho searching door to door until finally, she had retired to the rooftop looking extremely petrified.

Lucy had come calling for him and he had taken to the rooftops to explain the situation gently to the vulnerable deviant. She had expressed anger at his impromptu leaving and had begged him to reassure her of his safety. He had done so at the time and again now, but the truth was that he was unaware of Connor's wellbeing.

He could only hope.

***

The Torturer watched snowflakes fall from the sky at a rate of 3.88 feet per second. The detail in such an insignificant thing spellbound him and he found himself holding a hand out just as it neared the ground.

Orders and Wonders - Connor/Kara FanfictionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara