howl of emotion

You touched your cheek where Loki had kissed you and smiled like crazy, your heart was beating fast in your chest. It was clear what this meant.

"No! No falling in love with this guy! No chance!" , you hissed and slapped yourself. Your cheek burnt like hell and you knew it would be red for a couple of minutes but it was worth it. It silenced the voice inside your head but it didn't slow down your heartbeat. You were agitated, your wolf howling wildly in your chest, urging you to run. Your heart was chaos. With a low snarl you rushed for the door and literally kicked it open.

The chill night air hit you with it's power and slowed your breath. It gave you some kind of safety. There was a promise in it's whisper. A promise of a calm life. A promise of love without consequences or a price to pay. Your turned into a wolf without stopping, starting to run. The door was open but you didn't care. If someone felt the urge to break into your house he would find a way, even if you locked the door. It didn't matter anyway. You needed movement. You needed the forest. You needed to run. The wild was calling for you.

With long leaps you ran. Your paws hit the ground in a periodical pattern. The wind pressed your fur against your body and murmured in your ears. Your nose twitched, absorbing every smell. The ground felt soft under your paw pads. It trembled under the pressureof your paws. The energy inside of you made you run faster and faster. You crossed the big meadow in front of your house in seconds, raced over a small path and then dived straight into the forest.

The noise of the various animals around you grew quieter instantly and your breath was calm and regular. Your beading heart remembered you that you were still alive and made you quiver. Suddenly there was this urge to howl. It was so strong that you just stopped moving your legs right in track. Your paw pads burned as they scraped over roots and stones and you stumbled but then you stood still.

Giving in to this urge you lifted your snout to the sky fixing your eyes on the moon. No clouds covered it and it was full. Your throat shook with the force of the howl you let out. It vibrated through the night, silencing the very last creature. There were so many emotions in this one sound, carrying them through the world. You howled and howled and just couldn't stop. And then they joined you. The pack.

Your voices rose high into the air while you sang your powerful song, full of sadness and loss and love and life, Telling the tale of the beginning and the end. Singing about everything and nothing at the same time. Then, as if there had been a sign, you stopped and so did the pack. Even though you had howled out all the feelings raging inside your chest you felt whole and satisfied. The emotions weren't gone and they would come back. They would hit you in the face when you expected it the least and they would make your knees give in but for now they were gone.

With a content snort you lowered your head again and turned around to face a few forest animals who had listened to your performance. You really liked animals but right now you needed privacy. You needed to be alone. Lifting your lips you growled, making the animals leave instantly. They knew you wouldn't attack them and they would come back as soon as you called for them.

With a last glance at the moon your curled yourself up, rested your head on your paws and closed your eyes, falling asleep with the sounds and scents of the forest stunning your senses.

-----------------

You woke with the sun, blinking and yawning. A nice summer day had just started. You had only slept for a couple of hours but you felt as recovered as you could possibly be. The forest woke with you. You could hear small feet scrambling over the ground in a hectic rush, birds greeting the new day and snores of bigger animals wandering the soft ground in search of food. One day you would just stay in the forest, hunting down little animals, because you needed to survive. One day you would be part of the wild because the society was a nightmare.