Spirit of the wild

"He knew?" , hissed Thor between clenched teeth, seeming very angry. "Why didn't he tell me? He knows how much I miss him. He knows how much I love my brother. Loki did not have an easy childhood, you know. He is adopted and my father did not treat him very well. he was disappointed and he desired a throne but he did not get what he wanted and therefore got frustrated. This is why he attacked New York. He actually is a kind guy and he likes others. He is just misunderstood."

You didn't quite see how you could misunderstand Loki's attack on New York but you didn't dare to mention this. Thor seemed far to convinced about this and there was no need to destroy the picture he had of his brother. Especially because you liked Loki a lot more than Thor knew.

"And about this god thing... Since when can you turn into a wolf?" , asked Thor, walking back to your bed and sitting down.

"Well, I was quite young, just five years old. I' ve been playing in the garden when a thunderstorm came up. I somehow couldn't manage to get inside. The doors were locked and my mother was nowhere to be found. My father had been off for work and wasn't there either. So I had to stay outside. It rained heavily and lightning and thunder made me panic. Instead of taking cover I rushed out onto the meadow and then it happened. Lightning hit me with such a force. I fell to my knees, the pain was unbearable and my body felt as if it was on fire but I didn't die. I can't tell you why. It's still a mystery to me but I don't try to solve it no longer. It's not worth it and it won't work anyway.

"Well, the pain pushed me to the ground and made it unable for me to stand up. At least that's what I though. But eventually the pain eased up and I still couldn't stand on two legs. I was so sure I would die and I really wanted to die at the side of my mother so I started for the house. I instantly noticed that something was different. I crawled a lot faster than normal and so I looked down at my hands and noticed that they were paws. Wolf paws. I guess I should have panicked but I didn't. I was a child and children are strange.

"I felt quite happy about being a wolf and I wanted to try what my new body was capable of. So I started running and jumping around. I was so fast and I was so happy. My new body was a lot better than my old one and so I ran into the forest without ever thinking about my mother again. The wolf made me forget about my family and about my old life. It gave me freedom and peace and made me love my new life. It was awesome. I don't know how long I lived in the forest without any contact to the normal world.

"I got to know my new form. I learned a lot about the nature and life and existence and the meaning of life itself. It made me whole but I started to miss something. When I left the forest the house I had lived in was abandoned. My parents were gone but I found a lot of notes showing my face. They had searched for me but they had given up one day. You know, parents do not give up if it comes to their children. They do a lot but they never give up. A lot of years must have passed. The wolf wasn't outgrown though. On this day I turned back into a human for the first time since I had become a wolf. It was strange. I stumbled and I could barely walk.

"I instantly turned back and ran back into the forest, living my wolf life for a while longer. But I walked back to the house regularly and I regularly changed back into a human and learned to control this process. And one day, when I came there, there was a car. An old woman sat in the car and cried. I felt so much pity for her that I went over to her, as a human of course and timidly knocked at the window. The woman lifted her head and stared at me in disbelieve, than she threw the door open.

"'(y/n)' , she yelled and I instantly knew that this was my mother just as she had known that it was me. I fell into her arms, sobbing and she held me and pet my head and simply was there. 'Your father died two days ago', she said and then she cried and now it was my turn to hold her and pet her and calm her down. She was so done, Thor. She told me about their desperate search and how they had given up after 27 years. 27 years, Thor. I told you that parents don't give up. But they still hoped for me to turn up. They didn't sell the house so I could live there when I returned. I broke them, Thor. I broke them without knowing. "