him next to you

Your head was throbbing horribly, sending pain through a body you didn't know existed any longer. You had been weightless, drifting through darkness, free of any kind of emotion. You had been asleep and careless. There was no meaning in anything. There was nothing you missed. But then there was this cold flash. Someone had touched a hand that somehow belonged to you. Someone had gently pet your face and placed kissed on your forehead. Someone had filled your lovely darkness with something worth leaving the darkness behind. Even though the touch of the lips was long gone and with it a man who's name you didn't remember you felt like waking up. Now was the time.

You slowly started to move your body, learning to control it again because you were sure you once had controlled it. You discovered legs and arms and fingers, a chest and a head. There were well working lungs and there was a heart beating regularly, keeping you alive. Most importantly though there were eyelids which could be lifted and ears that heard a voice talking. A deep but still somehow soft voice. You knew it was not who you wanted to hear but it neither was someone you didn't want to hear.

You managed to lift your eyelids even though it took some effort. It wasn't too illuminated where you were but still a lot brighter than in your dark world which made you blink and your eyes water. The soft voice continued talking but you couldn't understand what it said. You let your gaze wander through the room, paying attention to everything you saw. The room was nearly empty. There were no windows, only white walls and a white ceiling with an unnatural blue light. You were lieing in a bed with all white sheets. Next to your bed there was a chair and a strong, tall man sat on it. He wore a red cape and some kind of armour. He had short, dark blonde hair and you knew that you knew his name. You just couldn't lay your finger on it right now.

The man was reading a book and he read it loud so you could hear it. It was a story about a lion cub which's dad got killed by his uncle and so it fled and lived a peaceful life with a warthog and a meerkat. You closed your eyes. It was a nice story. You knew it somehow. You had heard it before. Simba was a nice name for a lion. Such a nice name. Name.

"Thor!" , you exclaimed, suddenly remembering the man's name and with it everything that had happened. Thor jumped in shock and the book fell to the ground, then he started smiling.

"You are awake, Lady (y/n)" , he cheered, stepping closer to your bed.

You indeed were awake but no longer glad about it. The pain hit you with all its force, showing you scenes of your past and it dug in your heart like a splinter of glass. You could nearly feel your heart bleeding. You really missed the darkness you had just left. There was only one person that could fix your scattered heart.

"Loki? Where is Loki? He's been here! I need to see him! I need to tell him" , you yelled, trying to sit up. You were shocked when you noticed that you were tied to the bed, giving you little space to move at all. It made the pain grow inside of you and the pain fed the wolf that had withdrawn deep inside of you, urging for emotions to feed on.

"Shhhh. Calm down, Mrs. (l/n). Loki is not here. He has never been. You have been unconscious for about two weeks now. You need to calm down, Mrs. (l/n) or man of iron will daze you again!" , said Thor, gently touching your arm, making you relax a bit.

Two weeks. This couldn't be possible. Your body normally healed fast. It didn't take it two weeks to fix your wounds. Even with poison rushing trough your veins. The other strange thing was that Thor denied Loki's visit. You knew he had been here. You knew he was the one who made you wake up.

"No, Thor. He has been here. He held my hand and he touched me and he kissed my forehead and he whispered that everything would be fine if I only woke up again, I know this" , you mumbled, trying to free your arms.