An unknown power

"Loki!" , you cried, you couldn't concentrate. You weren't aware of the fact that Loki couldn't understand you, as you were a wolf and he was human. You wouldn't have cared if you had remembered though. You were busy trying to extricate yourself from this freezing chains squeezing your chest. Panic threatened to take over you and you struggled even worse, now that your heart was beating its fast fear driven pace. You knew that you would die if you couldn't free yourself anytime soon. You weren't keen on dying. Especially because suffocating was the worst possible way to die you could imagine. Whenever you had thought about dying you had been sure about one thing: You didn't want to suffocate. This wish didn't matter to who ever controls all the things, though.

Loki now stood on your bed, his fingers clutched around the frozen metal and his feet sunken deep into the laces, covering them with the dirt of the streets. He, too, was about to panic. He didn't know what to do. His plan, if he once had had one, ended as a complete failure. The love for you had driven him mad and taken away his normally cautious behaviour. He knew that you were dying and he didn't want to lose you because you were precious and the first person to ever really love him. There was Thor too but Loki always denied the love his brother felt for him. He just couldn't believe it was real.

"Do not die! Please, love, do not die!" , Loki begged, his voice was shaking. He was desperate to not give up on you but which use was it if you still died? Nothing. In all the stories the protagonists are very happy if they at least die at the side of their true love but this is just not how you feel when you really are being crushed by frozen metal chains. In the main time this very fetters had dug themselves into your chest and blood was pouring out of a wound that could not heal because the chain stayed where it was.

You could suddenly feel the chains vibrate with an energy which's source you didn't know. It was a lot of strong energy in the colour of the dying sun, swirling around your fetters. It looked a bit like small glowing snakes winding around a tree. It was not Loki's doing though as he flinched as soon as the glowing energy appeared. Someone else had come to help you. You just couldn't appreciate it as your vision began to fade because of the lack of oxygen and the frozen chains in your chest. In the moment the world went black you heard the chains crack and then you felt them brake. You were free. The air rushed into your lungs, the wound started healing. You still felt dizzy and you couldn't see clear.

But you could still feel two strong arms being wrapped around you. The hands lifted you up from the bed and a soft voice purred something. Your senses were too far away to make any sense of anything but you felt comfortable, even though the hands were cold. They pet your pelt in such a gentle way that you closed your anyway useless eyes. You wanted to sleep and forget the world, pressed against Loki's chest, listening to his regular heartbeat and inhaling his familiar scent.

Your confidence was destroyed by a sharp yell, a short fall and a hard landing. Yelping you struggled for balance and your tired senses started working again, showing you the world in a strange and very clear way. You saw that the door to your hospital or better prison room was open and there stood Tony Stark, wearing his iron man suit. Thor peeked over his left shoulder and Steve over his right. The were ready to fight. All of them. And they threatened your precious Loki who just stood there, his arms lifted in surrender. They didn't even look at you, expecting you to be weak and unable to fight. They were wrong about this. You could fight and with Loki on your side you felt strong enough to win.

Tony Stark pointed his hands at Loki, showing his palms. You could hear the whirring of the mechanism that produced the dangerous light. He was about to attack your lover. Loki stared back at Iron man, his eyes looking like glowing coal. Angry. Ready to kill. Just how you felt inside.

"Don't you dare touch my boy!" , you hissed, knowing that the Avengers didn't understand what you said. They didn't need to. They didn't need to understand how you threatened them. Even though there is a strong language barrier between wolf and human a growl will be understood from the both of them. There couldn't be any misunderstanding.