First love twice

It took you some time until you could talk again. You were a god. Thor had left your room hours ago and the sun slowly disappeared behind the horizon. The pigeons had already settled down for the night. They pressed themselves against your lap, one of them had made a tiny nest on your head. You didn't care. You couldn't care about anything but this new information. You were a god. A god isn't evil. A god couldn't have the plans you had. You weren't worthy. No one ever asked you if you wanted to be who you are. You would clearly have declined this burden. But now it was there and you couldn't get rid of it.

Suddenly there was a green flash of light in your room and you lifted your head, the tears still dripping from your chin. They felt like acid, carving deep furrows into your face.

There stood the man with the raven hair, Hades sitting on his shoulder jealously staring at the pigeons sleeping on you. You let go a loud sob and jumped to your feet. You didn't care what Loki thought, you just needed him. The pigeons flapped their wings, struggling to regain their balance while you threw yourself against Loki, placing your arms around his chest and sobbing into his black hair. At first he stood there stiffly, not knowing what to do but then he placed one of his hands on your bag and carefully rubbed over it.

"Everything is going to be okay. Calm down, (y/n)" , he mumbled, placing a soft kiss on your forehead. You stood like this for several minutes, until Hades croaked in dislike. He was pressed hard against Loki's head and nearly crushed between the two of you.

Loki pushed you away, gently removing the tears that still moistened your cheeks.

"Stop crying, love. You are too beautiful to be sad" , he whispered. pushing you over to the bed and forcing you to sit down. You just did what he wanted, not strong enough to resist him. His blue eyes seemed full of worry. Did he really care about you?

"Take deep breaths and then tell me what happened" , demanded Loki with a soft voice. Hades decided that you needed him more than Loki and hopped onto your shoulder, snuggling against your throat and making soft, reassuring noises. How cute he was. You pet his head with shaky hands.

"I ... I had a talk with Thor ... your brother... and ... I ... I told him my story ... and he ... he said I was a... a god" , you stammered, shaking uncontrollably. Loki stared at you in disbelieve and pity.

"This is what made you so sad? But isn't it nice to be a god?" , he asked, trying to make his voice sound as reassuring as possible.

"Of course ... but ... no one asked me if I wanted to be a god and I'm not worthy! I'm sure about this. I mean ... just think about my plans. I told you about them. There's nothing good about me and a god needs to be good! He does have far too much power to not be good!" , you exclaimed, grabbing your aching head. You hated crying. You always felt so sick afterwards.

"Hey" , muttered Loki, gently stroking your face with his soft, cold hands. "I can not think of anyone being more worthy! You love the animals and you always do your very best to keep them save. You are even willing to sacrifice the whole humanity, including yourself to keep them safe and sound. I moreover need to mention that gods are still only human. Just think about me attacking New York, nearly destroying it. This does not sound very godlike and still I am a god. You are just as good of a good as me or Thor. We do all have our place in this universe and are all needed. Do not blame yourself for who you are."

You smiled weakly. Loki was right and it was sweet of him to care so much about you. He didn't have a reason for this. It didn't really suit him. He should be a bad guy, not a caring, beautiful sweetheart. But weren't you bad either? And didn't you still love your animals? And this man? God, you did.

"Thanks, Loki. You're so sweet. Why do you care so much about me?" , you asked, looking at him with wide watery (y/ec) eyes.

Loki blushed and looked away, removing his gentle hands from your face.