Escape to Asgard

Loki and you walked next to each other. None of you talked as it just didn't seem appropriate to talk. Too much had happened. You both were lost in thought. You walked through the Avengers tower, that should have been your home but had become your hell. You wanted to get out of there as fast as possible, leaving all of this behind you. No one stepped in your way to stop you. You actually didn't meet anyone. The corridors were empty. There was no sound to be heard but the soft sound of your feet on the ground.

You felt as if you were the only beings left on this earth. As if you had killed off all the other creatures living on this earth. It felt as if you had achieved your goal. It felt as if you had actually killed off the whole of humanity but you lacked the satisfaction you had expected to experience when you achieved your goal. You only felt emptiness and guilt and loss. You did no longer belong to this planet and you knew it. You were an outcast and so was Loki. No one wanted you here.

"Where are we going?" , you asked, disturbing the silence because you couldn't stand it no longer. It was too loud in your head and to quiet in the real world. It was too much. After all the noise of the fight in this room. You could feel a lump building up in your throat and you could feel your eyes burning. So much had happened in just a few days time. You had left your house, had been offered to join two armies. You had lost Hades and fallen in love with Loki. You had moved into the Avengers tower and nearly been killed by Tony Stark.

Something had been driven deep into your heart and made you bleed, slowly but without stopping.

"To Asgard, my love. Thor will not stop us and the Avengers are incapable of travelling there as they can not use the Bifrost. They are mortals after all. Don't you worry" , he said. His voice sounded empty and somehow far away but still soft. You were happy to hear his voice torturing the silence. You knew that he was right beside you and still he was so far away. You needed him and wanted him gone at the very same moment.

"Where did the light come from?" , you blurted out. Loki sighed.

"You are a lot stronger than you think, love. A good lot stronger than I expected you to be. You are a goddess afterall. A strong goddess. No one will doubt this ever again" , he answered your question. He didn't look at you while doing this. It was as if it hurt him to look at you.

"Why have I been unconscious for two weeks when my body can heal wounds in no time? When I'm that strong? Even with poison pulsing through my veins? If I should have died I would have died, you know. Why am I still alive?" , you asked, grabbing Loki on the shoulder, making him stop walking. He turned around, focusing his sad blue eyes on yours.

"Your body can heal wounds in no time, your right. But it takes it a lot longer to remove the bruises inside of you. You heart was scattered when Hades died in your hands. When you had to kill him. It teared you apart inside. This was the worst injury you kept from the fight and it is the only one that will stay as a scar forever in your body. It is not to be removed" , explained Loki with a soft voice, blinking apologetic. He knew that this was not what you wanted to hear.

"How do you know all of this? How do you know that Hades died in my lap, killed by my very hands?" , you asked, your voice was shaking and you weren't sure if you really wanted to hear the answer to your question.

"I have been by your side, no matter where you went. I watched over you and I took some of your pain away, when you fell down, bruised and broken. I shared your pain, felt it dig into my heart. I couldn't watch you suffering. I made you sleep to take the pain away and I made you wake up when the biggest part of the pain was gone" , he whispered, carefully brushing his hands over your cheeks as if he feared to break you. "You are my princess, you know. How could I watch you twist in pain? How could I stop myself from interfering?"