a ripped out heart

Trigger warning: You kill an animal in this chapter. If that is triggering to you you might want to skip this chapter.

"You know ... we don't choose who we fall in love with!" , you spit out, surprised about how strong your voice sounded even though you felt as weak as possible.

"No, we don't. But we don't need to give in to our weak hearts. We can fight this feeling. A broken heart doesn't kill you" , said Tony, his voice shaking with anger, " and it's very bad to hide a romantic relationship with a villain. It doesn't make you appear very ... trustworthy, cub."

"Oh ... So if I had told you that I had a crush on precious Loki you would have smiled and still taken me in without any punishment or just locking me away in a dark cell?" , you laughed sarcastically, clenching your fists. What did this man think he was doing?

"Believe me you would be rotting in a cell right now. But it's never too late to move in, you know. I do have enough beautiful, free cells down in the basement. You can even choose which one you want to inhabit. Isn't this nice? And Loki will never come for you because he just doesn't love, cub. He will break your heart and it will lie there on the ground and I will dance on the splinters because you betrayed me in the worst way possible!" , Tony yelled, taking a step into your room. A low growl formed in your throat and the wolf inside of you began to rage. You would change sooner or later but you hadn't finished talking yet.

"Do you have a single clue how wrong you are, Tony? Just the slightest idea? No? I'm not surprised at all! You seem unable to forgive anything! I'm sure you don't know Loki's story because if you did you wouldn't blame him for what he did to New York. You can blame his father and even Thor but not Loki. We are what others shape us to be! Loki is not all bad even though you can't imagine this as he is the bad guy for you. You think in boxes and Loki just seems to fit perfectly well into the box with the 'evil' sign! He isn't that simple. You'll never understand, iron heart!" , you hissed, lowering your upper body, getting ready to fight.

"Oh... It wont be that easy, cub. Not this time! I'm prepared. I know you now. No matter how hard you tried to hide yourself the internet still knows you and the internet is willing to tell everyone everything. I'll kill you, cub! Be careful!" , he threatened, pressing a button on his chest. His iron man suit formed around him and tucked him in safety, gave him weapons and force he didn't have when he didn't wear it. A low groan escaped your throat when you changed, digging your claws into the fake grass. A rush of energy made you shake. The control over the wolf was nearly slipping out of your hands. You had never been as angry as you were right now. Even your human brain urged you to kill this self-centred, stubborn man.

"Die!" , you yelled, starting to run. Tony did the same in grim silence and with the power of his suit. He was still slower than you though. You both had the power of anger at your side but you had the power of love too.

When you had nearly reached Stark he suddenly lifted his hands. A beam of light shot out of his palms and you struggled to get out of its way. You were too fast though and so the beam hit you with all its strength. You pressed your ears flat against your head and lowered it, your jaws open, showing your teeth, ready for the pain. The light burned your pelt, made you whiskers melt and stink badly. You didn't make a sound though, even with the heat raging around you for what felt like an eternity. It didn't reach your skin though. It just burned your pelt. A low triumphant growl formed in your throat as you realised this.

With a fierce yell you started to move again, running towards Tony. It was a tough case as you couldn't see anything because of the light and couldn't smell anything but the scent of burned hair. The anger made you move though and you could still hear Tony's panting through the iron helmet. Following this sound with your eyes closed you jumped. And to your surprise you didn't miss.Your teeth hit iron and you forced your mouth closed, feeling how your teeth dug into the steel. You were surprised. This actually shouldn't work. How could you be stronger than metal? You didn't have a clue but you didn't care. There was no time to wonder about anything. This was a fight for life and dead and you weren't planning to lose it.