Deal with a Manager

A/N - Warning: another long chapter ahead.

Hoseok scrolled drearily through the documents and assignments, earlier assigned to Namjoon due to his late entry, and made a grab for his cup of coffee, courtesy of Seokjin (in an attempt to bribe out more information about his current situation), and brought the caffeinated drink to his mouth. The luke-warm liquid slipped past his chapped lips and traversed down his parched throat, and rewarded the office worker with a sense of temporary warmth before settling down into a slight buzz underneath his skin.

With caffeine in his system, Hoseok refocused himself on the work in front of him, but decided ultimately to make light conversation with his current party members.

"Jungkook-ah," Hoseok called out to the demon, who was more than likely finished with his earlier task of cleaning.

"Hyung?" Jungkook responded. A slight shuffle could be heard from the corner of the cubicle he decided to huddle himself in.

"What will happen to me if I don't hold up my end of the deal?" Hoseok questioned.

Their earlier scenery of the near-empty cafeteria changed into that of Hoseok's cubicle, yet again, after the office worker managed to shake off his bewildered coworker and slip back into the monotonous pace that he had set for himself for the morning's work. He would've rushed through it to make it to the assignment set up for the afternoon if he could, but the task at hand required a great deal of concentration and Hoseok couldn't afford to miss any mistakes, no matter how small.

So, when he neared the end of the last paper Namjoon had covered for him, Hoseok found himself a little more than worn out and ready to just call it a day. But it was three in the afternoon, and he didn't clock out until seven, so he decided to settle on picking at Jungkook's brain for more information about his current situation.

A slight hum echoed across the cramped space of the cubicle as Jungkook took a moment's consideration before answering Hoseok's question: "Depending on how I'm feeling, I'll either consume your soul or just make you into a demon to pay off your sin for the rest of your eternal life."

The answer left Hoseok a little more than unsettled, but he wasn't willing to show it to the casual demon. "Oh? Would that mean you broke your deal when you were a human?" he pried, spinning his chair until he faced the devil, noting the slight flicker of his eyes toward his direction.

A sly grin weaved itself upon his lips as he let out a soft chuckle. "Now, isn't that the question of the century?" he replied, tone far too casual for such a weighty subject.

Hoseok cocked an eyebrow at him, a slight frown tugging down his lips.

"You mean you have no memory of your previous life?" He was slightly disappointed; he had hoped to pass the time learning more about the demon, but now that hope was dashed at the prospect that he had nothing to tell.

"Well, I mean, I got the basics down," he said hastily, waving a small pile of papers that he held in his hands around. "I still remember my name and age and stuff, obviously, but I don't exactly know what the deal was that I made with the demon that dragged me to Hell." He puffed his cheeks and crossed his arms across his chest. "But that just annoys me even more since I work with the guy every time I don't have a client, so he's just purposely keeping away the more detailed memories of my life away from me!"

Hoseok snorted at the angry look plastered across Jungkook's face, Jimin joining in with a chuckle himself.

"Hey! Don't laugh at me!" Jungkook barked, a tinge of red dusted across his cheeks. "It's seriously a pain having to see the gloating look in his eyes every time I ask about my past!" A mischievous glint caught itself in his eyes. "I may very well do the same to you when I drag you down, so you better watch yourself, hyung!"