Deal with a Demon: Questioned

Hoseok's fingers moved furiously across his laptop's keyboard. His energy and focus were beginning to wane after having been repeating the same motions and relatively similar words for an unholy amount of time. It didn't help that his hangover was still somehow ripe and fogging over his mind, making him lose track of what he had been meaning to put down onto the document before him, or making him go on unnecessarily long tangents inside his mind. Actually, he's pretty sure there's a technical term for that in literature. Monologue? Soliloquy? Internal--

"Should...we go find him?"

Hoseok startled at Jimin's sudden question.

Ever since Jungkook's departure into the bustling city life, Hoseok had been dutifully filling out and finalizing reports for various projects. It was easy work that didn't require much brainpower-something that Hoseok has been severely lacking in due to his lingering hangover. He was fueled on to continue on with the task at hand at the prospect of being able to sleep for the rest of the day, so progress had been fast at the absence of a certain loud-mouth.

As such, it had been completely and utterly silent in Hoseok's apartment for the past two hours.

Wait.

"You don't think he actually got lost...right?"

When Hoseok glanced over to where Jimin had been perched atop his bed since Jungkook's departure, a grim stare was all that met his question.

"I mean, I wouldn't put it past someone like him," Jimin finally sighed after a few moments of silent eye contact, "but he can easily use his mark on you to make it back here." The angel bit his lip in a silent worry. "You don't think he bailed and began hounding after other people's souls, right?"

Hoseok began violently shaking his head before Jimin even finished his sentence. "Knowing how dedicated he is to seeing that I crash and burn during his deal, I highly doubt he would abandon"-me-"it after putting so much time and effort into it."

Jimin nodded slowly, before beginning to bob it more firmly, as if reassuring and convincing himself with Hoseok's words. "Yeah, you're right." He released a strained laugh. "I don't know why I'm so worried. He's probably still confused about why people aren't-"

"Responding to me?"

Hoseok shrieked at the sudden manifestation of Jungkook's head hidden inside his shadow.

"So," Jimin drawled, tone conceited, completely unfazed by Jungkook's unconventional arrival, "you finally decided to show up, huh? How'd it go? Got the gifts?"

"The-the coffee?" Hoseok gasped. He knew the teasing edge in his voice was lost and ineffective since he was still breathless from Jungkook's initial scare, but he wanted to join in on the fun regardless.

"Actually, yeah," Jungkook responded readily, not a hint of his usual pout or agitation, casually lifting his arm free from Hoseok's shadow to reveal a styrofoam cup with the familiar sight and smell of mochaccino sloshing inside.

"Wh-"

"Jungkook, how-"

Jungkook silenced both Hoseok and Jimin by releasing his other arm from the inky void and revealing a handful of colorful paper bags.

"I'll explain," Jungkook grit out as he set the items onto the floor beside him and dragged the rest of his body out of Hoseok's shadow, "but it's a long story, and I think I need a nap."

Hoseok released a startled trill from the back of his throat. "Demons sleep?"

Jungkook gathered the cup and bags into his arms, delivered Hoseok's requested beverage into his trembling hands, dumped the bags unceremoniously onto Hoseok's work desk, and promptly collapsed onto the bed that was still occupied by Jimin.