Interlude - Coffee Break

Hoseok wondered how some people could come up with the most absurd ideas, and then somehow manage to publish them to the rest of the world.

"Vampires have memory wiping abilities?" Jungkook had implored, tone awestruck, while reading over the text that Hoseok had been pouring over for the past thirty minutes. "I never knew that!"

Hoseok sent him a side-eyed glare before quickly scribbling him a quick note that read shut up and continuing on with his task of analyzing the mind-numbing text.

"What? It's a crime to talk now?" Jungkook said.

Hoseok really, really wished he hadn't willingly brought the demon along.

"Leave hyung alone, Jungkook-ah," Jimin scolded. "He's trying to help his friend out."

Hoseok appreciated the angel's attempt at keeping the much needed quiet, but he really, really wished that he had worded his demand better.

"Friend?" Jungkook scoffed, scuffing his shoe against the carpet. "I'm not running a friend making business here. This is clearly a date, and I'm just trying to keep myself entertained because this is the most boring date I've ever been on."

Hoseok quickly glanced up toward Taehyung to make sure he wasn't paying attention to him and wrote another note for Jungkook when he saw that the manager was currently invested in a book that held the note-worthy title of The in's and out's of the Supernatural World: A Tale of Personal Experience.

kindly shut the fuck up im trying to do research here, the note read.

"Now that's just a run-on sentence, hyung," Jungkook criticized, causing Hoseok to release an involuntary growl. "Woah, there. Don't wanna make Taehyung suspicious, right"--he faltered with himself for a split second and Hoseok could see the uncertainty flicker in his blood red eyes before the emotion disappeared just as quickly as it came and he's saying--"Hoseokie?"

Oh my God, was the first thought that ran through Hoseok's head upon hearing the nick-name escape Jungkook's lips.

"Oh my God," Hoseok breathed.

"Understandable," Jimin muttered, tone revealing just how much he disdained Jungkook's new-found nick-name.

Jungkook bristled under Hoseok's wide-eyed stare and Jimin's frown, but Hoseok could see a light blush color his cheeks. (He has blood? Hoseok wondered distractedly.) "What? You let Taehyung call you that!" he argued. His voice and stance were entirely defensive, but the only image that Hoseok could think of when hearing his high-pitched tone and seeing his pouty lips and hunched shoulders was that of children sulking after not getting what they wanted.

"Oh my God," Hoseok repeated, voice still barely above a whisper. "You're an actual man-child."

"I'm not a child!" Jungkook immediately fired back.

"Sounds an awful lot like what a man-child would say," Jimin said with a smug smile. "Makes sense since you're still a little wet behind the ears, I suppose."

Jungkook rolled his eyes so hard Hoseok wondered if they momentarily rolled into the back of his head. "Oh, like you're so much older than me."