Deal with a Coworker

Four hours later, Hoseok's balls-deep in assignments and contemplating if his body could last for the rest of the day if he skipped lunch to finish the rest of his work. In all honesty, he could have very easily finished three-quarters of his work, maybe even all of it, but he had been distracted.

"Hyung, you see my mark on your neck yet? It's pretty, right? I worked super hard to make the tears of fallen angels fit in there!"

"Ah! When'd you mark him, Jungkook-ah?! Ugh, if only I had gotten to him sooner then my job would be so much easier."

Thing One and Thing Two decided to drop in for a visit in the middle of hour two.

Hoseok clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth and shuffled through his steadily dwindling stack of papers before pulling out an old blueprint of an abandoned project, tossing the paper into his overflowing trashcan that stood in the corner of his overly cramped cubicle. "Tell me again why you guys came here?" Hoseok hissed, glaring, yet again, at the bane(s) of his existence. "I'm pretty sure I remembered to lock the door, and I only have one key so you better not have left my apartment unlocked."

Jungkook pouted out his lips and leaned against the teetering wall of the cubicle that stood behind him. "I told you: I'm here to make sure you last longer than a week with our deal, and Angle Boy--"

"No--"

"is here to be a party-pooper and ruin everything for me, again," Jungkook explained, sneering at the disdainful look Jimin was giving him.

Jimin huffed and tore his gaze away from Jungkook, instead, looking at Hoseok with a gentle smile. "Don't worry about your apartment; we traveled here thanks to those marks on your neck."

Hoseok jolted at the tidbit. "What? So they're basically teleportation devices?"

Jimin's smile faltered. "Er, well, not exactly--"

"It's kinda like a tracking device," Jungkook butted in, pointing to the side of his neck, grinning devilishly at the glare sent his way from Jimin. "We know where you are and we also know what type of emotions you're feeling, although very loosely."

Hoseok opened his mouth to ask more questions about literally anything that the two beings had to offer, but was interrupted when Seokjin called out, "You finally been driven to such insanity to start talking to yourself?"

It wasn't more than a moment before Jungkook slipped back into his shadowy form and blended into Hoseok's shadow, sending a shiver down the office worker's spine. The brief moment of entrance felt like a hole was torn into his body and was anything but comfortable, but when he firmly stayed in his shadow, nothing but a glowing red eye peeking out right where his bruise was to show he was there, that's when the searing pain tamed itself down into a dull ache.

Oh, and Jimin fucked off somewhere. Where? Who knows.

"What, you ignoring me now?"

Hoseok jerked out of his state of mind (somewhere between conscious and borderline daydreaming) and whipped his head toward Seokjin, wincing at the slight crick that held tight to his neck. "Not ignoring, just thinking about what to say," Hoseok responded, a cheeky smirk spreading out across his face.

If Seokjin was peeved by Hoseok's offhanded response, it didn't show on his face; he held a very wide grin as he entered Hoseok's cubicle with a slight grunt. "Anyways, I dropped by to see if you wanted to join the other boys and me for lunch." He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively and leaned against the same unsteady wall that Jungkook had been leaning against moments ago. "We wanted to discuss your night's activities with the lucky lady. Or lad. I don't judge."