Interlude - New Year's

The messy, improv therapy session ended only because midnight was thirty seconds away, and over half of the guests were hounding the penthouse for their host to give the countdown.

"I guess this is where our discussion ends, Hoseokie," Taehyung had said in parting.

"I guess so," Hoseok replied in turn, alcohol sweated out and possibly broiling in the underlying internal dread that gutted him.

"So?" Jimin immediately questioned upon approaching Hoseok. "How'd it go?"

Hoseok listened as the crowd shouted in a slurred chorus the countdown, starting from five.

FIVE!

"It went..."

FOUR!

Hoseok trailed off, gaze traveling...

THREE!

...over the sea of cheery strangers...

TWO!

...toward the open balcony window that carried the whispers of a storm...

ONE!

...and ultimately landing on the blazing, blood-red eyes on the other side.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

 --

Hoseok's throat, ladened with dried alcohol and burning acid, sat tight and wired as he stared at Jungkook's reflection through the window.

Only, it wasn't a reflection.

He was there.

On the balcony.

"Oh, fuck right off."

And then the acid made its exit.

 --

The party ended promptly after Hoseok vomited into the hair of another guest, which was approximately 0.1 milliseconds after midnight.

To say the least, nobody was impressed. Which meant they wandered the streets, piss drunk, in search of another open party.

"I do believe that was the quickest my guests' have ever cleared out," Taehyung mused lightly while pushing back Hoseok's matted bangs as the office worker released a second round of vomit into the toilet bowl below.

"I never thought Hoseokie would be able to do a showstopper like that," Jungkook teased, prodding the underside of Hoseok's ass with his boot.

Hoseok must be having a lucid nightmare.

There was no physical, possible way that he was standing (sitting?) witness to Jungkook, the fucking demon that ruined his entire life, and Taehyung, the manager that blessed his life, casually communicating with one another. While he barfed all his anxieties and drinks away.

Fuck, why did he have such shit luck lately?

Tears pricked at Hoseok's eyes as he dry-heaved into the full bowl. "Fuck off, Kook," he rasped, promptly hacking up a lung.