Chapter 4~ 💙Pool Time

Sam's POV

Today it was boiling hot outside, like 35°C, so Colby came up with the genius idea of filling our hot-tub- that doesn't work- with ice cold water to cool us down. Which sounded good at the time but I feel like it might not be the best idea.

So Colby and I went to Target and bought loads of ice bags, which came to about $20. We got home, unpacked the ice and changed into our swimming trunks. I jumped in first, and damn it was cold!

"Oo, God!" I exclaimed as the freezing water hit my bare skin.
"Cold is it, dude?" Colby laughed, I decided to be annoying and pull Colby into the cold water with me. I reached out for his hand and he took it, I pulled really hard causing him to crash into the water head first.

I was laughing so hard, and Colby jumped up out of the water shivering.
"Oh god, Sam!" Colby shouted at me with a smile on his face,
"Cold is it, dude?" I said back to him, I know I literally said what he had said to me earlier but I thought it was funny.

Colby's POV

I decided to get Sam back by splashing him the icy water, I laughed as the wave I created covered him.
"Ha, I got ya!" I yelled like a little kid.

My mind started to trail off, I started to stare at Sam... God he's so hot! But I shouldn't think about him like this, should I? I mean he's my best friend... Is it normal to think that your best friend look super attractive?

 Is it normal to think that your best friend look super attractive?

I wonder if it's just a one time thing... But wait it can't be because I've thought in this way about him before. So what is it? Could it just a weird set of thoughts? Whatever it is I need to find out fast.

"Are you okay, Colbs?" Sam must have noticed that my mind started to wonder or something like that.
"Yep, I'm good!" I said shaking my head, shifting my confusion. Then all of a sudden Sam jumped at me pulling me under the water, he stared into my eyes as we sat there underwater for about 2 seconds.

Sam was still holding my hand when we came back above the water. I found this a little out of the ordinary but I didn't try to let go and neither did he. He was also glancing at my face, I turned to look at him and he went red which I found quite cute. I moved my free hand to his cheek, cupping it.

Butterflies were going mental in my stomach as I moved closer to Sam. I let go of his hand and placed that hand on his other cheek while his hands moved to my waist. Our bodies were now touching, I tilted my head slightly to the side. Smiling as I got even closer and could feel his heavy breath glide over my lips.

Not knowing what to do, I froze. But luckily Sam quickly closed the gap between us, his soft lips connecting with mine. Our lips were moving in sync, I confidently licked his bottom lip asking for entrance and just as I hoped Sam accepted it. Sam started rubbing his hands up and down my body as the kiss deepened.

Sam's POV

THIS DEFINITELY ISN'T NOTHING!! How do I know this you may ask, well I was now kissing Colby and enjoying it. His warm, sweet lips gliding across mine was just amazing, I loved it! Wait... Does that mean I love him?

I was so caught up in thoughts that I didn't even realize I was still kissing Colby, God I could stay like this forever... If I didn't have to breathe that is. Our lips parted for breath we were panting fast as I pulled away, only to kiss Colby softly on the cheek.

I crashed my lips back on Colby's. Smiling into the kiss, could feel that he was doing the same.

After pulling away from Colby's tender lips, I stated,
"I'm so sorry!"
I didn't know what to do, I froze.

Then I heard a knocking coming from our front door. I quickly got up and out of the pool, running to the front door. Standing behind the door was some of mine and Colby's good friends, Corey Scherer and Elton Castee.
"Wasn't expecting you guys but come in anyways!" I informed them as I moved away from the door, and headed back outside to Colby. His had made a warm smile when he saw Corey and Elton.

For the rest of the night Colby had acted like nothing had happened between us, which I was a little upset by.

I'm so confused...

{Word count: 802}