Chapter 12: Drive my car

Paul's POV

Dear God, this is frustrating. I told you to do something about your feelings but not that way. You didn't say anything, you...Again, I'm you, idiot. This is useless. Shut up from now on, ok? My lips are sealed, even if I don't have lips because I'm in your head. 

'' I'm really sorry, Maya. I thought....'' I said, while I avoided her eyes.

'' I'm sorry too, Paul, you're a Beatle, you have a band, you have friends, you can have anyone, why me?''

'' I think you underestimate yourself too much Maya.'' I said, finally looking into her green eyes, trying to convince her. '' Do you like George? Or John? Or Ringo?'' 

'' I don't know.'' she answered, she sounded genuinely doubtful. 

'' The other lads got to you too, didn't they?'' I said, trying to keep the anger and hurt from my voice. She nodded and I sighed. She brushed her fingers over my arm, over my neck and then brushed along my cheek.

'' I think I love you.'' I blurted out. She took her hand away from my face and sat up, putting as much distance between us as possible. 

'' You did not just say that.'' she growled. 

'' I...Yes...''  '' Good morning darlings'' interrupted John, while he opened the balcony door, wearing an apron and a chef hat. '' Breakfast is served and we would really appreciate it if you could come.'' he said, his voice neutral, his face in a big smile, probably covering the anger he felt. 

'' John.. what...ugh.'' I said exasperated and I slid past him into the living room. I'm going to win her over, I will. Damn right you will. You agree with me on this? Got your back, even if I'm you. Maybe I should really see a psychologist. No, don't you find it funny that your mind has two personalities? Maybe I'm turning into Norman Bates. Norman, oh naughty Norman. Shut up mama or I'll lock you in the basement again. Maybe you are Norman, after all. Shush. 

A table had been set in the middle of the living room, with chairs and stools all around.  There was a plate of piling waffles and pancakes, with their edges burnt. Two huge mugs stood out, a one with steaming coffee and another one with hot water, for tea. George was already scarfing down the waffles and Ringo was making a tower of pancakes on his plate, pouring syrup on them which kept dripping out of his plate and onto his pants, but he still didn't notice. I smiled, I really loved my friends after all. I sat down in a low stool, grabbing a plate and serving myself a few pancakes. John and Maya came in after me, she was giggling and blushing while John was smirking and puffing up his chest. Twat. Paul. Shut up mama Bates. They sat close to each other, John beside me and Maya on his other side. She wouldn't cross my gaze, I sighed and I ate my pancakes. 

'' Who made these?'' asked Maya

''adshMeasdk.'' responded George, his mouth full. '' I helped.'' said Ringo, trying to wipe away the syrup from his pants. Maya snorted and choked on her coffee, while Ringo tried licking his pants to wipe the syrup away. We all laughed while he tried to reach his thigh with his mouth. Maya went into the kitchen and came back with a wet cloth, handing it to Ringo. '' Here, Ringo, you seem to be having some trouble.'' she said, between fits of laughter. He took the cloth and wiped the syrup, blushing because we were all staring at him. 

'' So.. um, what are we doing today?'' said Maya, trying to avert the attention away from Ringo.

                                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

George's POV

Maya asked what we would be doing today. I remembered my dream with the hill and the apple tree.

'' Picnic.'' I proposed, looking only at her.

'' Sounds good to me.'' said John, smirking and poking Maya in the ribs while she giggled.

'' Yeah, sure.'' said Paul, his voice sulky while he watched Maya and John

'' I'm up for it.'' said Ringo, finally being able to keep eating his syrup covered tower of pancakes and waffles. 

'' Yes, I know this great park...'' she said, lighting up. 

'' Can we make sandwiches?'' asked Ringo while he stuffed his mouth again. 

'' Ringo you're eating right now and you're thinking about the next meal?'' said Maya, smiling at him

'' Yes...'' hesitated Ringo, trying to hide his embarrassed face with his bangs. She smiled even more widely at him.  Maya's smile made me feel all warm inside, even if it wasn't directed at me. I felt as if I was falling in love for the first time. Love... I had to tell her, at the park, with flowers. 

We took her car, which was a colorful Beetle, with psychedelic flowers painted on it. Paul, John and I got into an argument about who would be sitting in front with Maya, and Ringo ended up sitting beside her, because he got motion sickness. Lucky bastard. I thought. The three of us didn't really fit in the back, but we didn't care, our small fight forgotten, we started punching each other and cursing one another.  

                                   ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maya's POV

Ringo sat in the front seat with me, while the three other boys bickered in the back like two year olds. We talked about music, he talked about his drums and I talked about my piano. He told me about this dream that he kept having where he had blisters on his fingers and he couldn't play anymore, so he would get kicked out of the band, and I would keep telling him that it would all be alright. He never meant to say the part where I appeared in his dream but he noticed too late and he stared at the window, avoiding my gaze. I smiled, Ringo was easy to be with, he was adorable, his blue eyes always twinkling when he talked to me, and he was embarrassed so easily.

We arrived at the park, it was empty, so we found a picnic table behind some bushes and the Beatles were able to take off their wigs. It was under a beautiful apple tree and the wooden picnic table was carved with symbols and poems. The air was warm and fresh at the same, with a light breeze, it feels like summer...