Chapter 26: Good Day Sunshine

Paul's POV

''Paul?'' called Maya's voice.

''Paul. Wake up.'' she insisted and I groaned because a spot on my head hurt.

'' Maya, can't I sleep more?'' I whined

''Maya? I'm not Maya.'' said an annoyed voice

''Then who the bloody hell are you?'' I snapped 

'' I'm Norman Bates.'' said the voice while it let out a chuckle.

''What?'' 

''Would you like a sandwich? We can sit in my study, with my taxidermic animals.'' 

'' What?''

''Are you dumb, Paul? I'm Norman, nice to meet you, you seem awfully confused.''

''Paul, wake up.'' called Maya's voice again

''Oh, don't listen to her.'' said Norman's voice

'' Maya. Please stop. You're giving me a headache.''

'' Dude, I'm not Maya.'' said another strangely familiar voice

'' But you sound like Maya.'' I responded

'' Well I'm not'' it said in an annoyed tone. '' Can you open your eyes?''

'' I don't want to Maya. My head hurts.''

''I'm not Maya. Get that. I think you hit it pretty hard.''

'' Hit what?'' 

''Your head.'' the voice said and I heard it grumble '' bastard''

''Hey. I heard that. Who are you?''

''I'm someone who doesn't particularly like you and is stuck with you because karma made you fall in my shop and hit your head.''

'' You're... I don't know who you are.''

'' Can you open your eyes?''

''I can try.'' I said as I opened my eyes and felt pain as the bright light hit my eyes. ''Could you turn down the light a little or something?'' I groaned as I tried shielding my eyes with my hand.

''Yeah. Sorry.'' said the voice from behind me and the lights dimmed. 

I tried sitting up and I became dizzy . 

'' What happened? '' I asked, trying to turn around to see the person.

''You barged in my shop and hit your head against the counter.'' the voice responded. And then, it hit me, the smell of incense and grass. James's shop. I was in James's shop.

''Jimmy?'' I asked

'' Only Maya calls me Jimmy, I'd love you to call me James, please.'' he said in a cold voice

''Alright, James.'' 

''Why did you come in my shop anyways? I know you despise me, and I despise you right back.'' he questioned.

''I don't really know. I remember drinking all that Jack Daniels and then waking up here...'' 

''That's still not a reason. Did you come to yell at me or something?''

'' I don't know.'' I said as I scratched my head and my hand found gauze, wrapped firmly around my head.

''I should tell Maya that you're here. She's probably worried.'' he said in a hurtful voice.

'' I remember why I came here...'' I said, my head suddenly becoming very clear.

'' Why?'' he said, his voice suddenly sounding far away and I guessed that he was halfway out of the room.