{𝕌𝕟𝕒𝕡𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕕 𝕄𝕚𝕤𝕤𝕚𝕠𝕟}

Clary groans, viewing herself in the mirror and glaring balefully at her new attire. Since coming back and complaining about the dress being too short, Izzy had offered her an incredibly tight, revealing shirt and black leather jeans, with the same ridiculously heeled boots

"Is this the most modest thing you had?"

"Oh, come on. You look hot. And trust me, those jeans are stretchy, you'll have no problem fighting off demons. I would know."

Clary sighs, "To think, a few days ago, all I had to worry about was getting into art school"

"Which you should still go to" I add, giving her a pointed look

"Really, Cami?" Clary huffs, "The way Jace has made all this sound, this world, this new life...this is our job now. No art school, no college. This is our world, the world we live in."

"It's true" Izzy smiles sympathetically, "As much as I wish I could have a life outside of this world sometimes, this is a full time job. This is our duty, our destiny. Mundane jobs don't exist in our world."

The silence sinks through the room, heavy and sad.

"Girls" Izzy breathes, gripping both our hands in each of hers, "Just remember you were born to do this. No matter what has happened...this is who you are"

"Not exactly feeling that" Clary sighs

"Yet" Izzy remarks, smirking, "Come on, let's go. The boys are waiting"

***

"Let's just get out of here, just us three. Get Dot ourselves" Simon suggests, throwing his jacket over his shoulders

"Simon, there are demons out there, okay?" Clary sighs, straightening his jacket, "Actual demons with tentacles that wanna murder us. Do you know how to kill a demon?"

"I'm an internet search away" Simon sasses

"I really don't think it's that easy, Simon" I chuckle as Izzy makes her way around us, pushing her fingers into a hidden panel, revealing a long rack of swords

"I bet you it's not that hard"

"Simon, take it from someone who actually killed one" I whisper, so no one else could hear me, "It's hard."

I still didn't know if Jace had told anyone about my slaying the demon but I still wanted to keep it quiet. I don't think anyone with a natural talent to kill things is any good - even in this world.

Being back in the training room, I was starting to feel sick again, weaker. I wasn't swaying around and fainting, but I definitely didn't feel all that great. It was odd.

But, then again, what wasn't odd about the last 24 hours?

"Woah" Clary gasps as she spots the swords

Izzy reaches out to take one but almost instantly, Jace is by her side, slapping at her hand "No, Izzy"

Izzy rolls her eyes and raises her hand again, stroking her finger along one of the steel blades, "Fifty bucks says he doesn't approve this mission"

I don't have time to ask who 'he' is before Alec storms into the training room, face full of anger, "I don't approve of this mission"

I chuckle with Izzy and we both turn to look at Alec.

"I spoke with the Clave" Alec begins, "They're sending Seelie scouts to search for Valentine, but they made it clear, the little girls do not leave the premises"

"Oh ho ho" I guffaw, "Call me a little girl one more time, dude. I dare you."

"Yeah, we don't care what that Clave thing or you want, we are going to find Dot" Clary agrees, taking a hold of my hand and I smile at her warmly.