{𝕋𝕣𝕒𝕔𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘}

As I slog my way through the crowd and out the door to the alleyway behind the club, my mind continues to run in circles, going over everything Magnus said.

My mother had cursed me.

With something bad enough that caused me to start dying when I got to close to the most powerful parts of it.

Did she really want me to stay away from this so badly, she would risk killing me?

"Jace" Izzy's voice echoes and Jace turns back, sighing as he watches Clary and I moving through the room like zombies

"Guys, we have to go" Jace urges us

"We're catching our breath" Clary spits, stilling just outside the closed door

"You know what? This is great!" Alec growls, "And not only did Magnus not get the girl her memories back, or give Cami her answers, he scared her into thinking she's been cursed by something! And he took the fucking necklace! This is fantastic-"

"Alec, 'the girl' - her name is Clary and I highly suggest you keep your voice down" Jace threatens

"Of course all you care about is Clary!" Alec barks, "Why should I keep my voice down? What, are you afraid I'm gonna upset her? Camille is terrified right now, that warlock told her she was cursed, that her own mother ordered him to do it, and all you care about is Clary's feelings?"

"Alec" I murmur, my voice hoarse

"No, you know what? We've risked our lives again and again for these girls, and where has it gotten us?" Alec snaps, "Nowhere. We're no closer to getting the Mortal Cup, and we've lost the Institute's necklace!"

"Hey, we're right here!" Clary snaps, breaking through her zombie haze, her anger rising, "And I don't care about your damn jewellery. Look, I'm sorry you're going to look bad in front of your bosses, okay? But our mother is still missing and our last chance of finding her just vanished into thin air!"

"Clary, it's gonna be fine" Jace starts

"No, it's not" I whisper, shaking my head, "People are dying because of me...because of us. And Magnus? He's gone, he's taken Clary's memories and the answers to my questions with him and he told me I'm cursed. With what? God knows and now I may never know because Magnus will never come out of hiding again, not while Valentine is after him"

"Cami" Clary breathes, coming to my side, "I'm so sorry, I should've taken Magnus up on his offer when I had the chance, at least then you would have some answers. Because of me, we have nothing"

"No, Clary, you did what you thought was right" I comfort her, "I don't blame you"

"You should!" Clary hisses, "I blame myself"

"Clary, Camille is right, you can't blame yourself for-" Jace begins but, again, Clary cuts him off

"No! Now, not only will I never get my memories back, my sister will never get to know what she is, never know what's happening to her and it's my fault!" she screams, throwing her fist down. Jace catches her hand, pulling something small from it.

"You give up way too easily" Jace sighs, taking the object and holding it in his hand

"What is he doing?" Clary groans

"He's tracking Magnus" Alec informs us, "Be quiet and keep your distance."

"How? It's just some stupid button I pulled off his blazer-"

"A button that belongs to Magnus" Izzy interjects, "Jace can pinpoint his location using that."

A flare of hope sparks in me and I stand straighter, noticing Alec do the same as well.