{ℝ𝕖𝕡𝕦𝕝𝕤𝕚𝕧𝕖}

Later that night, Clary's decision had been made and we were all on board to carry it out.

Walking through the graveyard, I thought about whether or not I should give my opinion. Clary had made the decision to resurrect Simon as a vampire.

She also told me Luke had given her the advice to choose the option that benefitted Simon, not herself. It was clear to me, even if it wasn't to her, that she was doing this for herself.

She'd lost so much since we entered into this world. Mom, her identity, art school, she almost lost Luke and now...Simon.

I couldn't say I blamed her for choosing to keep Simon somewhat alive but somehow I just knew that Simon wouldn't feel the same.

The crisp, wet grass crunched underneath our feet as we headed for a clear spot in the ground, the only noise in the silent night. The vampire, Raphael he had told us, was ahead of the group, leading the way with a shovel in hand. Clary and I were shortly behind him and trailing at the back was Jace who had Simon is his arms.

Raphael stopped a little behind one of the tombstones, arriving at an unmarked spot. Jace lowered Simon's body carefully to the ground but pulled his seraph blade out almost instantly, catching a sound my mundane ears couldn't pick up.

Suddenly, standing before us was a woman in a red dress. Her skin was pale and her lips as red as her outfit. I didn't need to know her to realise she must be the infamous Camille. I push Clary behind my back reflexively, standing taller as Camille smirked at us.

"What do you want?" Clary spits, her anger bubbling at the surface. She wasn't as afraid as she'd been the past couple of days. The Shadow World was gradually strengthening her and where she used to fall, she now stood tall.

"I want my property back" Camille hisses

"Your property?" I snarl, "Simon is not your property you fucking skank"

"If you just hand him over, I'll be on my way" Camille sighs, "And, as a sign of good faith, I'll ignore that vicious comment."

"You heard them" Jace echoes, "You're not laying a hand on him."

"Fine" Camille huffs, "I tried to do this the nice way."

She clicks her fingers and suddenly, a huge flock of vampires flit to her side...though some of the seemed like they didn't support what was happening.

"I'm glad you brought everyone here to witness your demise" Raphael smirks, addressing his people now, "Camille killed this mundane. Now, I have all the proof. She's been breaking the Accords for too long now. He's the evidence we need to show the Clave what Camille has been doing."

"Are you trying to overthrow me?" Camille chuckles

"No" Raphael shrugs, "I already have."

The vampires behind Camille now flock around her, entrapping her within their ranks.

Go, Raphael!

"Don't listen to him" Camille hisses, "Raphael doesn't know the first thing about leading. You need me. I've given you everything you could want. All the riches. All the pleasures you could desire."

"By breaking the law" Raphael notes, "Which will only destroy us."

"We can fix this" Camille says, attempting to sway them in her favour but it was apparent that she'd already lost, "If we just get rid of the body...This mundane means nothing."

"'Means nothing'?" Clary growls, emerging from behind me and sauntering towards Camille. I keep tight behind her but let her go. She needed to do this for herself, "Over my dead body."