{ℍ𝕠𝕦𝕤𝕖 ℂ𝕒𝕝𝕝}

We were finally back at the Institute, and I was still confused and scared.

Everything had gone by in such a blur.

Saving the warlocks, summoning the demon...

Watching my face spring from Alec's chest, his payment to the demon, a memory of me, the one he loved most...

And, of course, finding out what I was.

I had stormed inside the Institute as soon as we got back, locking myself in my room immediately. 

It had been at least 8 hours since then. Clary had come to my door earlier, but I'd locked it, and resolved not to let her, or anybody else for that matter, in and after quietly begging me to talk to her for 10 minutes, she gave up and left.

Good.

I wasn't in the mood for company right now.

"Hey" a gruff voice breaks through my reverie and I shoot up in the bed, clutching a hand to my heart.

Alec was there, standing by the now opened door with his stele in his hand.

Of course...fucking unlocking rune.

"What? What do you want?" I snap, scrambling back in bed as he moved closer towards me, "Oop, careful now, don't come too close! I wouldn't want to get too hyped up on adrenaline and snap your head off like a lid."

"Come on, Cami" Alec sighs, sitting on the edge of the bed, "Just talk to me. Please."

"You know what?" I growl, "When you decide to tell me what the hell that whole memory thing was about, I would be glad to talk to you but until then..." 

I leave the silence hanging in the air for a moment but, when it's clearly apparent by the look on Alec's face that he had no intention of telling me anything, I huff and turn my back to him, burying my face in the pillow.

That's what I thought.

Before either one of us can make any more movements, I hear my door slam open and I sit up in bed, turning to face Isabelle standing in the doorway, face panicked

"It's Clary" 

***

"And he spoke to you?" Jace's voice echoes from my sister's open door and I push my legs a little faster, spurring myself to get to Clary quicker, a natural instinct pressured upon me by my curse. Alec, following close behind me, speeds up, too.

"He said my name" Clary breathes, "He said 'Your mother for the Cup'"

"Who said that?" I ask, emerging into the bedroom

"Cami!" Clary gasps, rushing to me, "I thought you'd never leave that room"

"Well, Isabelle made it sound like you were in danger" I explain, a hint of malice in my tone, "And we all know how I get when that happens"

Both Jace, Alec and Clary's faces all crumple sympathetically and I scoff, rolling my eyes.

"Who said that?"I repeat when Clary doesn't answer my question

"Valentine" Clary and Jace answer in unison and the slight glint of silver in my eye turns my attention to Jace's hand which was wrapped around the silver chain of the purple gem necklace Clary had been given by our Mother.

"He's with Mom" Clary continues, worry blossoming along her face

"And he can speak to you through that necklace?" Alec questions, all business, "Here, in the Institute?"