{𝔹𝕠𝕩𝕖𝕤 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝔹𝕦𝕣𝕟𝕤}

"Simon!" I exclaim, running into his arms and giving him a chaste hug, "Man, you've missed a lot. I'm so glad you're okay though!"

"A lot? Like what?"

"Oh, you know, I'm a mundani, I have this weird sleeper curse that means I try to psychotically kill anyone who tries to so much as scare Clary and I'm truly mundane but also kinda not but I am and...you know what, it's a long story, Clary will have to fill you in."

"Yeah that's...a lot. Mundani?"

"Mundani" I nod, laughing

"Where is Clary?" Simon asks, "She's not alone, is she?"

"Nah, she and Alec are a bit behind me. I ran ahead"

"Alec's with her? Is that supposed to make me feel safe?"

"Honestly? Yeah...it probably should" I chuckle and he does too.

Suddenly a ribbon of orange hair flies past me and into Simon's arms.

"Simon" Clary breathes, "Oh, thanks for being here!"

"You guys shouldn't do this alone. You don't need to. It's not who we are"

"You are the bestest friend ever, you know that?"

"Yeah, I know that" Simon smiles but he looks pale...paler than usual and sick looking

"Are you okay?" I ask

"Me? Yeah, yeah! It's just a cold, not the end of the world" 

"The world's been ending for a thousand years. You get used to it." Alec interjects, "Now, we need to move."

"The loft's just across the alley" I inform him, pointing in the direction of a wall.

"All right, well, we have to be careful. There are eyes all over this place and everybody in the Shadow World is looking for you two."

"I mean, I guarantee you no one's gonna find this short cut" Simon assures him, "I used to take it back in middle school to see them. You might know the Shadow World but trust me...I know Brooklyn."

Simon smirks and runs toward the wall, vaulting over it effortlessly. 

That's new.

"Woah" I gape, chuckling, reminiscing on all the times he would flop over the wall on our way home from school everyday. Never had he done it so gracefully before, "Did he take up parkour or something?"

"I don't know" Clary laughs, following after him, "Are you coming?"

"Go on ahead...just stay in eye sight, please. Catch Simon up on my situation, I promised him you would."

"Always giving me the annoying chores" Clary sighs before disappearing over the wall, too.

"You go first, if someone comes up behind us, at least you'll be able to get safety. I can fight them off." Alec instructs

"With what, ambition?" I chuckle, working on pulling myself up onto the wall

"With my bow...can't you see it?" Alec frowns and I look at his back, squinting slightly, before I see the faint shimmering shape of his bow and arrow

"I can now" I murmur, "There's a new fact for Magnus - can only see through glamours when concentrating."

I drop from the wall and land unsteadily on my feet, wobbling on the stupid heels Izzy keeps lending me.

Note to self - grab some normal shoes.

Alec follows after me almost instantly, landing on his feet soundly, like a cat.