{𝔸𝕚𝕟'𝕥 𝕋𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝔸 𝕂𝕚𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕣?}

"Cami!" Clary exclaims in excitement, bounding into my bedroom. It was unusual - she looked excited and happy yet sombre, confused and...slightly disgusted

"Woah there" I chuckle, grabbing her shoulders to stop her from bouncing, "What's happening?"

"We got Mom back!" Clary yelps, taking my arm and pulling me down the hallway.

My feet drag along behind her, my body moving only because she was pulling it after like a freight train.

Mom was back?

And I'd have to face her knowing who she married, what she did to me?

I hadn't expected to be reunited with her so soon and of course I'm happy, she's my Mom and I love her but ever since Clary's birthday, something had changed, our relationship was strained and i just didn't feel close to her anymore, not like Clary still did.

When we reach the infirmary, Clary drops my hand and I freeze as if I'd hit a brick wall. It seems Clary's influence was the only reason I'd been moving at all. Then I see my mother.

She was suspended at waist-heigh in the air, unconscious, her hair blowing in a light breeze that didn't exist and she was wrapped in some kind of green-hued bubble that was seemingly keeping her from falling to the floor.

"What-"

"Valentine put something over her, I don't know what" Clary explains, "We can't wake her up and we have no idea what put her to sleep but...she's home. She's here."

"Ok and what about Michael? Where is he?" I question, noticing his absence

Jace face crumples and Clary's loses most of it's happiness and they exchange awkward glances. What the hell?

"Is he okay?" I enunciate cautiously, "Did he get left behind?"

"Oh he's just fine" Jace spits, "Because 'he' was Valentine all along"

"What?" I gasp, "How?"

"A glamour. A good one. One we couldn't see through. We got trapped with him in a room full of demons and he knew we had the Cup. When I commanded it to find Valentine, it didn't work and 'Michael' offered to try..." Clary explains

"And you gave him the Cup?" I growl, "Clary, how could you?! Fuck! I knew something was up with him from the start! I should have been there! I never would've given it to him and then he wouldn't've-"

"I didn't give it to him" Clary interrupts, "I, like you, could tell something was wrong and so I glamoured a mug to look like the Cup and as soon as he took it, he de-glamoured himself and tried to order the demons to kill us. It was only when I revealed that I still had it that he-"

Clary stops short, looking guiltily at Jace, the same, insufficiently hidden disgust lacing through the undertones of her features

"That what?"

"That he told me that he's my father too" Jace whispers

My stomach sinks, my heart drops and the awkward, disgusted glances all make sense...but how? How was that even possible?

"No" I stammer, my eyes glued to Jace, "That can't be...how...I-I don't. You...You were raised by Michael Wayland. Clearly, Valentine is not him."

"But he was" Jace clarifies, "He used the same powerful glamour that he did today when he raised me when I was young"

"That doesn't make any sense!" I shout, running my hands through my hair, "We don't even have a brother-"

Oh God.