{ℂ𝕒𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕖𝕡𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟}

"For Shadowhunters, you don't seem to do a lot of Shadowhunting" Raphael remarks as Clary, Izzy and I stride into the Hotel DuMort's top towers, the lavish decorations of Camille's fancy still littering the place.

"There is more to the job than killing demons" Izzy scoffs

"We need to talk to Camille" Clary requests, but there's an aura of demanding behind the words, "We know you have her here. We tracked her to the DuMort."

"It's true, but I'm afraid she's a bit tied up at the moment" Raphael admits, "Is there something I can help you with?"

"Just a second" Simon interjects before any of us can ask anything, whisking Raphael away to a corner of the room

It's not a long conversation.

"I'll bring you what's left of Camille's things, but speaking to her is out of the question" Raphael offers

"Her things?" Clary frowns, "This isn't the kind of book she would've left just sitting around."

"I'm sorry..." Raphael apologises, "But that's the best I can do."

"No it's not" I ridicule, "We're supposed to be allies, Raph."

"We are, but not for much longer if you continue to call me that name" Raphael glares

"It's Raph or Fang Boy, take it or leave it" I cock my head to the side, smirking, "Everyone I know gets a nickname."

"Shadowhunters have no business interfering with the Night Children's affairs." Raphael counters, deciding against protesting the nickname, "You may look to the Clave for justice, but the vampires look to me. Camille stays where she is."

"You're making a huge mistake" Clary threatens and I bit back my scolding her. She was going to make this worse, but we needed to show unity, now if ever.

It was the only thing that was going to get us through this alive.

***

Apparently, we'd decided to go the crazy route in our plan to wake Mom up.

The plan?

Izzy was going to distract Raphael and take him as far from us as possible while Clary and I, blissfully small and flexible, were going to cram ourselves into a kind of security coffin which Simon would then wheel to the dungeons, get us in and we could question Camille. A plan with no hiccups and no possible risks.

I'm sure it's gonna be fine!

"You sure this is going to work?" Simon questions us and I unwrap my legs from their uncomfortable position both wrapped over and pinned under Clary's body

"Izzy's a pro" Clary confirms, sliding out of the coffin and landing steadily, "By the time that vamp finds Raphael, we'll be long gone."

"Let's get this over with" I grunt, landing with a dull thud on the hard stone ground of the cell, "If anyone catches us, we're dead."

"Some of us already are" Simon laments and I roll my eyes

Clary scoffs softly, taking the bolt cutters from Simon's hands, another object stuffed into the tight coffin.

"Once we open this...there's no going back" Simon warns, standing hesitantly by Camille's steel, tightly chained coffin adorned with crosses and silver, "Everything we've done to unite the Downworld goes out the window."

"You already know how I feel about this" I surrender as Clary and Simon look to me and I cross my arms in front of my chest

When they'd first suggested the plan earlier, I'd mentioned all our work to unite the Downworld, to make progress and how all of that could be ruined if we did this. Not to mention it was dangerous, dumb and unnecessary. But, of course, all Clary could think about was Mom so she'd ignored my opinion and now...