~CHAPTER 8~AWAKE~

~Millie's pov~

I walk beside Sadie, glancing at Finn every few seconds. He is looking at his feet as he walks, rubbing the lipstick stain off of his cheek where Iris left her mark.

I notice Sadie smiling to herself.

I nudge her, "What?" She says to me.

"You look so happy. What's gotten into the sarcastic best friend I know?"

"I'm just happy. The party was really fun."

I nod, not entirely believing Sadie's explanation. I can see a secret behind her smile.

I catch Finn glancing up at the stars from the corner of my eye. He looks sad. I know that look. He's really good at hiding his emotions. But it seems like tonight it's not working.

We walk into the lobby of the hotel and go into our designated rooms. Sadie goes to bed immediately. I stay up, thinking.

Why was Finn so sad? Why'd he ask me to dance? Why does everything with him feel so weird? Why can't I get him out of my head?

I take out my phone and scroll through the pictures of him and I from last year. I smile as I remember all the great times I had with him.

Those moments ended when I started dating Jacob and my team didn't let me be at award shows with Finn. And they wouldn't even let me take pictures with him anymore. Sure it was awkward for a while but now things are better.

The only other time I saw him was at the table read. But we barely talked.

I sigh, letting my phone rest on my chest. I wish everything would go back to the way it was. Before Jacob. Is dating Jacob really worth this separation from all of my friends?

I shake my head. I love Jacob. I really do. It is worth it because he really cares about me. I don't have to have separation from my friends.

I feel a buzz on my collarbone.

Message from Mads 💕💞☺️

I open up the app and read what she wrote.

Maddie: Hey Mills 💘

Millie: Hey Mads! Wyd

Maddie: nothin much hbu

Millie: I'm just lying in bed

Maddie: same

Maddie: kenz is lying on my stomach. I can't breathe

Millie: 😂

Maddie: I'm so bored

Millie: me too. And I can't sleep cuz I'm not tired at all

Maddie: SAME GIRL SAME

Millie: uhhhhgggg

Maddie: what

Millie: it's just it's kinda awkward with the group now

Maddie: I'm sure it's just cause of not seeing each other for a while

Millie: Idk