~CHAPTER 12~SANDWICH~

~Millie's pov~

"I'm allowed to leave?" I say in an American accent, clutching my script close to me as I read the next few lines.

David skims and nods, following the stage directions written into the in depth paper, "Now don't get too excited."

"But I am excited!" I gasp, happily, trying to portray Eleven correctly. It's been a while.

"And what I was thinking was maybe instead of jumping up and down, you should go and hug Hopper, and David, you should look a bit shocked for her to be comfortable enough to hug you. Okay?"

David moves his head up and down, "Sounds good. Ready Millie?"

I smile at him before looking back down at the multiple pages for this scene. We read the last few lines again and I do exactly as Shawn told me. I practically jump into David's arms, almost becoming Eleven in my own mind. I don't see David's face but I can tell he's reacting. He doesn't immediately hug me back but gradually embraces me.

"Okay, good. We're taking a 30 minute break for lunch and then I need Natalia and Charlie. We're gonna run your picnic in the park scene just to get a feel of the characters."

I smile up at David. He looks proud of me, "Wow good job Millie. That was awesome!"

I punch him in the arm, playfully, "Says you!" We laugh and separate for lunch, David moving towards the adults and me moving to where Sadie and Caleb stand.

They're in a heated conversation about the scene that they ran before David and my scene.

I get closer, hearing Caleb's strained voice, "Did you even read the stage directions? You were so off," he chuckles, making Sadie furrow her eyebrows.

"Uhggg! Do you think the Duffers are gonna make us do it again? I don't want toooooo."

"Just read the directions. I get that it's been a while since we played these characters. You gotta act almost nervous around me."

She nods to him just as I walk up to them, "Hey what's up?"

Sadie looks happy to see me, "Caleb's helping me out a bit. I'm just not able to get into character today. I dunno. I just can't."

I put a hand on her arm, squeezing it to reassure her, "Sadie. You're an amazing actress. I'm sure you'll be back in no time."

She smiles at me then Caleb, "Thanks guys. Now who's ready for some lunch?"

Caleb and I raise our hands and we race to the lunch area.

Noah and Gaten are sitting on the floor near a few couches, eating sandwiches.

"Hey No No," I sit down next to him, elbowing him gently.

His face lights up when he hears me, "Hey Mills! How was your practice with David?"

I shrug, "It went really well actually. I'm surprised how hard it is to get into character. It's been so long."

Caleb chimes in, "Way too long."

Gaten puts his hand in the air, "Amen."

Sadie snorts, grabbing the sandwich that out of his hands, "You're eating the veggie burger hunny."

Gaten shrugs at her, and Caleb smirks. There is an assortment of sandwiches on the table in the middle of our little floor circle. Before I can reach for one, Finn snatches the whole plate away, setting it on his lap and planting himself next to Sadie.

I roll my eyes, "Okay I guess I'm not eating."

Finn snickers and passes them to me. His smile distracts me as I reach for the plate, making it tilt slightly.

Nobody seems to notice thankfully. I take a large bite out of a club sandwich and lean against the end of the sofa.

We chatter about how our day went and how we can't wait to see our costumes in a few weeks.

"I bet Eleven's gonna get like a girly wardrobe this time," Noah says, pieces of a hoagie sticking out of his mouth.

Gaten chimes in as well, "No no, her outfits are gonna be hilarious. She's gonna he like wearing a skirt and jeans or something weird like that!"

I put my fist up at him, "Don't make me come over there Gate!"

"Well I'm not excited to get my hair straightened every day," Finn says, obviously unamused by the idea.

I laugh, "Hopefully I won't have to do it for your stylist half the time. Remember when Chelsea would never have time to do everyone's hair and get us to set? That was a disaster."

Gaten nods along with Finn, "My hair was not as fabulous as I wanted it but I'm an actor! I have to improvise!" He exclaims with a fake stuck up voice.

Sadie snorts, "This season I have a feeling that my hair's gonna be done up a lot. That means excessive hairspray. I'm worried," she makes a disgusted face and I smile.

Caleb suddenly stands, "Shit! Guys we have to go back. We're gonna be late if we don't hurry."

Sadie stands and pays his shoulder, "Right on it Dad."

They bicker with each other as they walk to their part of the set to run lines with Matt.

"Wait what part is next for me? Does anyone have a scene with me now? I'm so confused!" I look slightly crazy as I look to Noah and Finn for an answer.

"You're with me, Mills," Finn points to the set crafted to look like Eleven's bedroom, "Not for about an hour. But I'll meet you there to run lines beforehand."

Noah looks excited, "Ooh Yea! Mileven all the way!"

I laugh, "I'm the ultimate shipper so shhh Shnipper!"

Finn sounds far away now, "I'm going as slow as possible for you Millie. My long legs can't handle this degree of slowness.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," I run to Finn's side, moving swiftly to keep up.

"Slowpoke," he mutters.

"What did you just say? Did you call me slow Mr. Wolfhard?"

He smirks, "Maybe."

"Oh you're dead!" I shove Finn, making him get off balance. I then run ahead of him, hearing him huff behind me.

"Mills! That's not fair! Cheater!"

I smile, the air blowing my hair away from my face. I'm happy. Happy to be here.

But I force myself to not be happy about Finn's heavy footsteps behind me, knowing he's chasing me.

He's chasing me.