You Can't Have Me Anymore Chapter 34

Alex’s POV

Before we ran out of the trees, I stopped under a big tree, using the mate link to tell her to climb up the tree. I could feel her anxiety and fear for the pack, and digging deeper, I felt her rush of excitement. Knowing I had felt her unexpected excitement, she looked at me innocently and shrugged. “What? Can’t I feel excited for some action to finally happen and I get to be a part of it?”

I growled at her, nudging her to climb up the tree. Not enough action? I’m gonna show her how much action she can be in…especially in the bedroom. I smirked mentally as she heard my thoughts through the bond, blushing, giving me a glare before scampering up the tree. Even at this kind of fight-or-flight time, she never fails to lift up my mood.

Felicity, listen to me carefully. I peered into the leaves and looked into her eyes. I need you to promise me that no matter what happens; do not come onto the ground to find me. I need you and our child to be safe. I could feel through the bond that she was not happy with it, and she grudgingly nodded her head. Before I left, I heard her through the bond. I need you to promise me one thing too. Her soft voice was filled with love and it sent a pang through my chest. I want you to promise me that you’ll return to me. Those words just made me want to go back and hug her, to feel her in my embrace, but I knew that this pack was counting on me. I nodded my wolf head, hoping that she could feel how badly I wanted to return to her side. Giving her one last longing look, I dashed off after the pack, needing to return to the battlefield.

I pushed through the mass of wolf bodies, giving everyone words of encouragements through the pack link as I passed them. Some expressed their gratitude and some simply nodded in respect as I took my place beside Alpha Blake. I watched intently as Nicholas shifted into wolf form, waiting to see if he was trying to set a trap for us. Alpha Blake shifted too, going up to meet Nicholas halfway. My ears perked as I listened to what they were saying.

“Alpha Nicholas. I am offering a final treaty. If you are willing to leave this pack, the Silver Moon pack alone, then both packs can walk away from this fight, both parties safe and unharmed. Do you accept it?” Although Alpha Blake said it in the most kind and patient tone, his thoughts spoke differently. He was dying to rip out his throat, just like I am. However, since he always puts the welfare of the pack before him, he will always find the best solution, despite him not liking it.

Nicholas laughed mockingly at him. “What, don’t tell me you are scared now, old man? Well that’s too late for that. You have something that’s mine, and I demand that I want her back. Or else you’ll just have to deal with the deaths of your pack members. It’ll all be on you.”

Alpha Blake narrowed his eyes as I growled menacingly at Nicholas. Felicity is mine and mine alone; she has never been or ever will be his! “Since you are unwilling to accept the terms of the treaty, then it looks like we’ll have to fight it out. It’ll be a fight to death. The moment either Alpha dies, the pack territories will go to the surviving one. The remaining pack members can either be pledge allegiance to the surviving pack or select a new Alpha to lead their pack.” Nicholas looked like he wanted to say something, but before he could, a familiar middle-aged man emerged from the pack. Felicity’s “dad”. I emitted a low growl, raising my hackles.

Alpha Blake made a calming gesture, ordering me to back down. I crouched down, keeping my eyes on him. Felicity’s “dad” smirked at me. “Cut the crap!” With that, he leapt at Alpha Blake, shifting halfway. It was obvious he had wanted to catch Alpha Blake by surprise, but he was dead wrong. Alpha Blake ducked, shifted, and latched his jaw onto his hind flank.