Horrible Beginnings

"Hey twerp! Get up for school!", Melody yelled.

I groaned and turned over putting my pillow on my head.

I, all of a sudden, felt someone grab my foot and drag me out of my bed.

I screamed and hit the floor with a thud.

"She said get up!", Tia shouted.

I glared at them as they walked out of my room. I got up and went into the bathroom.

I took a shower and dried off. I put on a black and dark purple Pierce The Veil shirt and black leather pants with my black high tops.

Yeah, I'm an emo. So what?

I brushed my long, black hair and put it in a pony tail and put on my fingerless leather black gloves and checked if my black nail polish was okay.

I put my phone in my pocket and grabbed my backpack as I walked out my bedroom door.

When I went downstairs. I saw Melissa, Tia, and Melody in the living room and Avi and Malia in the kitchen.

I walked into the kitchen and Avi saw me. He hugged me tight and I smiled.

He let me go and asked, "Did you sleep well?"

"No", I replied.

I only slept for a few hours.

"I'm sorry. Do you want me to call you in sick?", he asked.

"No, I have a science test today"

"Oh okay. Do you want breakfast?"

"No I need to get going"

"Sure", Avi said grabbing the car keys, "Let's go"

Melody and Tia followed us out the door as well.

Melissa, Malia, and Avi, of course, are out of school now.

Avi dropped off Melody and Tia first at their highschool and lastly me at my middle school.

I was in the 8th grade and I graduate in a month.

Avi stopped in front of my school, everyone already inside and I'm ten minutes late.

"Hope you have a good day", he said as I got out.

I sighed and said, "Thanks, me too"

I walked inside the school and put my backpack in my locker and took out my first four class books and notebooks.

I walked to my class and went inside as everyone watched me as I walked to the back of the class to my seat.

"Miss Kaplan", Mr. DaBoe, my English/Language Arts teacher, says, "Do you care to explain why you're late?"

"Um, I over slept", I explained.

"That's not a reasonable excuse. You should have an alarm clock just like everyone else. After school detention, Miss Kaplan", he said.

I sighed and replied, "Yes sir"

'This day is just starting off great', I thought to myself.