Things Go Wrong Again

*Ashley's POV*

When Monti asked me what I was stressed about, I started thinking of Patricia bullying me, my family hating me, and my mom and dad dying.

I didn't want to explain why I missed school and why I've been depressed so I thought that I should...I should...attempt again.

I stood up and quietly walked to a small stand on the far side of the corner. I opened the first drawer and found nothing. I tried to open the second drawer but it was locked.

I reached in my hair and pulled out two bobby pins. I fixed them to where I can pick the lock. Once I did that, I opened the drawer and saw many scalpels.

I grabbed one, closed the drawer, and walked back to my bed. I started to put the scapel to my wrist but I heard Monti and Nathan coming.

I quickly hid it on the side of the bed under the sheet. I laid back down and straightened up so they wouldn't suspect anything.

They came in and smiled at me and I nervously smiled back.

"What are you guys smiling like that for?", I asked.

Nathan smiled even bigger and replied, "Nothing", as he handed me my apple juice.

I looked at Monti and he had the same stupid smile on his face that Nathan did.

I rolled my eyes and drunk some of my juice.

Nathan started giggling and I looked at him.

"Nate, seriously, what's going on?", I asked.

I was getting tired of them snickering and giggling.

Nathan sat up and head my hand.

"It's nothing. It's just...you haven't changed much", he said.

"What do you mean?"

"You still love apple juice and we seen your room and you still have Adam Lambert pictures and Pentatonix pictures on your wall as if Pentatonix aren't a part of your family and you still have your magic set from when David Blaine did that trick on you and you bought a magic kit afterwards", Monti said.

I smiled and said, "Oh yeah, that"

I giggled and they laughed.

Nathan then put something in my hand and I looked down and it was my deck of cards. I looked at him and smiled.

"I heard your really good now", he said, "Can we see?"

I grinned and decided I had the perfect trick for them.

I took out the deck of cards and shuffled. I handed them to Monti, since he was a big magic sceptic, and told him to shuffle some more and pick a card.

"You know I don't believe in this stuff, Ashley", he whined.

"Please Monti, for me. Just pick a card", I begged.

He sighed and said, "Six of hearts"

I smiled and rubbed my hands.

"Six of hearts?", I asked.

"Yeah", Monti said.

I nodded and said, "Look in the deck"

Monti did as I told him and he looked confused.

"The card I picked, the six of hearts, it's not in here", he said.

I smiled and said, "It's not in the deck. It traveled through the air and it landed under your watch"

He looked confused even more and he looked at his watch.

He saw a folded up card and he laughed. I told him to open the card and he did. He opened it and threw the card and started laughing.

Nathan picked up the card and saw the six of hearts. He laughed and asked, "How did you do that?"

I shook my head and said, "A magician never reveals their secrets"

We all laughed and ended up waking up Avi. He woke up and started laughing.

"What are you guys doing?", he asked.

"I did a trick on Monti and he freaked out"

Avi shook his head and laughed. But it wasn't right.

It wasn't a genuine laugh. It was a sad laugh. I know my brother and that was his depressed, upset laugh.

I know because he even rubbed his face afterwards.

"Uh oh", Monti said.

"Uh oh what?", Avi asked.

Monti sighed and said, "Nothing"

Nathan stood up and said, "Come on Monti, let's go get something to eat"

Monti and him left and Avi sat next to me. He rubbed his face again, this time from tiredness, and looked at me.

"How are you?", he asked.

"The real question is, how are you?", I replied.

He leaned closer to me and looked down.

"How is that the 'real' question when I'm not the one who tried to kill myself?", he said a bit snappy.

My smile faded away and I looked down. I don't know if Avi meant it to sound that mean or not but it really hurt my feelings.

"I just wanted to know how you were?"

"Why?!", Avi shouted, "Why are you worrying about me and you're the one who tried to slash her fucking wrist?! You tried to fucking commit suicide, Ashley, and you wanna know how the fuck I'm doing?"

I was now crying but silently. I was looking at my wrist and didn't know what to think.

Why was Avi acting like this? Was I stressing him out that much?

I couldn't take this anymore.

Nathan and Monti came running in and Nathan said, "Turn on the channel five news"

Avi did as he was told and turned on the news.

We saw a lady standing in front of a hospital talking.

"Here at Memorial Hospital is Ashley Kaplan, the acapella Pentatonix's bass, Avi Kaplan's youngest sister. Earlier today, she had a seizure and just a few hours ago, tried to kill herself. Her parents were pronounced dead just minutes before she attempted to kill herself. She is now in the hospital recovering and she is now on heavy suicide watch", the lady said.

Avi turned back off the TV and looked at me. He was angry and looked embarrassed.

I looked down and cried into my hands. "I'm sorry, Avi", I said.

Avi just walked out and I heard Monti and Nathan race after him.

I cried and cried for what seemed like forever. Then, I knew.

I knew that I had to end it for real this time, for Avi's sake.

I grabbed the scapel from on the side of the bed and put it against my wrist.

I raised it from my wrist and out the weapon to my chest.

"For you my brother, I set you free", I whispered to myself. I quickly slid the scalpel across my arm so deep, it went halfway in my arm.

I was dizzy and I couldn't think straight. I was losing too much blood too fast but I didn't care.

I saw many figures run in but I didn't know who they were. I couldn't hear anything but the faint sound of my heart beating.

I just deicided to let the darkness overtake me and that was it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I finally updated...sorry for taking so long...I've been busy and stressed and going through some things but I'm working through it. Anyways, thanks for reading and please vote.