Chapter 8

I woke up in the hospital ward

I woke up in the hospital ward. I hadn't even had a chance to see my room. Charlotte told me that I was knocked out with a potent drug, although she didn't know how it had gotten into my system in the first place. She started asking my questions on why I was healing so quickly, so I had to exaggerate my state so she would stop asking me. I laid on the bed, feeling disgusting and tired.

Charlotte regularly checked up on me, and Sam brought me books to read for him. I didn't leave that room for a week. I felt lethargic. Beta Nikos came at least once everyday. We were on really good terms and he always knew how to make me smile. 

"Katherine," Samuel burst into the room one day, " guess what we played today? The kids actually let me play!"

I smiled at him, "Why wouldn't they? You're amazing and fun to play with. What did you play?"

"Pirates! We had wooden sticks as weapons and swords. It was so realistic. I ended up dying though..."

weapon

"Katherine! Katherine!" He excitedly called. I must have zoned out.

"Yes, I'm listening."

"So anyway, after I took over his ship, he challenged me to a duel. My team were dead, I was all alone. I thought I could beat him but he killed me...He stabbed the sword in my chest."

Plunge it in-between it's chest

"But I'm fine. It hurt a tiny tiny bit."

"Oh that's okay, we sometimes die a little death. There's bound to be someone who gets hurt in these games but you just need to brush it off and continue. Unless its  a really bad injury. In that case you should call your mother."

"No, momma fusses a lot! But Katherine, my back is starting to sting. Can you check it for me?"

"Sure." I said as I examined his back. Then I noticed he was bleeding slightly. "There's a little cut." I looked down at my hands because I noticed that I got a bit of blood on it. 

No blood will stain your hand

But it had. It clearly had.

What was this? Are these bits of my dreams? What do they mean?

Weapon and plunge it in-between it's chest and no blood will stain your hand.

"Sam, let me wash my hands and call your Mother, unless you want me to clean your cut."

Charlotte suddenly came into the room and I explained Sam's situation. "Luna, it's very unhealthy to stay in this room for so long. Why don't we go for walk?"

"Outside the gates?" I asked hopefully.

"No sadly, we are not allowed." I huffed in annoyance. But I still agreed.

"Okay then you make your way and I'll be out soon. You'll find your way." She said to me.

I left my room and made my way out. I began to walk through the vast garden. It was desolate and cold, I wish I had brought a coat of some sort. I began to rub my arms and tuck my chin in my chest. The garden seemed lifeless.

Then I felt like a warm blanket was being draped around me. It was a coat. More specifically his coat."Thank you." I said gratefully. He did not reply. His fist were clenched. Why must he always be aggressive? Fuelled by your aggression. I ignored my thoughts. We began to walk. I wasn't really focusing until I saw a large stone ruining the pattern of the garden. It was bared erect and moss covered it. I was drawn towards it. I peered at it. It read:

Xavier Romanov

Loving ruler, King and Son
It is one of the most tragic losses in history to have lost someone so great and kind-hearted. He was fuelled by the desire to protect his people, Xavier sadl-  

I could not make out any other words. "Aren't you called Xavier?"

"It's my grave."

"But..." I trailed off.

"My recovery seemed impossible."

For a split second I looked at him with admiration and respect. Was he really all that they said? Or were they exaggerating? Then he began to walk off as if expecting me to follow.  I did, but in my own time. I did not want to get lost. I looked back at the headstone one more time.

Buried deep behind
Where humankind
Gradually rot

I do not get it! A grave yard? Was I dreaming about my death? What do these sentences mean?  What's behind the grave? I saw it was just grass.

"I don't know but I have a very bad feeling about this. Our memory is distorted. It's interrupted every time we hear certain things or see them." My wolf said.

"Are you coming or not? It's getting cold." Xavier growled. I growled back and gave him his coat.

"Take the coat, I don't want it!" He ordered.

Take the dagger

"Fine I will, because it's freezing."

I snatched it back but my nails must have scratched his skin by mistake, but there was no blood. I could not understand. I held his hand firmly and used my other to scratch him again with my claws. Nothing. He must have healed very quickly. That was not possible for a normal wolf. But then again, Xavier is not normal.

Then he walked off without an explanation of any sort.