Chapter 16

During the next few days, my relationship with Leo deteriorated

During the next few days, my relationship with Leo deteriorated. All through out the week, I had caught glimpses of Leo. It was no secret: he was acting cold. He and I had barely spoken a word to one another.  On this specific day, it was the dead of night. It was time for another training session. Only, this time we were both much more angry and the atmosphere was more intense compared to the days before. The sounds of our grunts echoed in the training centre

His icy blue orbs darkened. His canines dropped into place. His upper lip twitched with the effort it took him to resist a snarl. My attention was now riveted to him. Leo was shirtless. From my standing position, I crouched down. My grin irritated him further. His lips curled into a smirk, as he began throwing a left punch followed by a right-hand jab. I blocked him. He surprised me by his left uppercut, towards my stomach. Pain ricocheted through me. I shoved it back. I roundhouse kicked him in his jaw followed by a spin lower to the ground where I knocked him off his feet. I couldn't let my face remain passive. I was angry.

I pounced on him, grabbing his neck but his hands also snaked around my neck. We both applied pressure. He was forcing me to release my grip. Im the end, he saw it was useless. With his face now red, his hands moved to my hair. My hair was yanked harshly and pulled out of my ponytail meaning that it now became a disadvantage. I could not see effectively. He didn't play nice. 

He then flipped me around and I used this chance to slam my head against his. He put pressure on me, keeping me down, but I scrambled ferociously and I held him with my legs, so that I could trap him. I freed my hands from his grasp and held his neck as I flipped us over. We had never fought this aggressively.

But before I made my next move he panted and said "stop." And I did.

My hands lost all power as I slumped onto his chest. I stared into his ocean-like eyes. I was attracted to him. In a turn of events, our lips connected and I did feel tingles but at the same time I felt cold and hollow. It was as if I had kissed a dead corpse. This was all very peculiar as my mind and heart were saying two different things.

I got up, feeling as if there was something wrong with me for feeling that way. I said my goodbye and left. I felt bad, and it wasn't just because I felt guilty that I was betraying Xavier. I couldn't quite put my finger on it. You could call it a sixth sense or a type of intuition. My wolf was now also cold with me. I could feel a drifting distance between us. She loved our mate. And to be honest, thinking back to Xavier and I's kiss, it had so much feeling and passion than whatever just happened now between Leo and I. Xavier put more feeling into his kiss, it was devouring and the thought of it made me feel hot all over. Before entering my room, I banged my head against my door and took a deep breath. My mind was a mess.

I entered my room but I was being shocked to see Xavier hiding in the shadows. "So, it felt cold? But good? Interesting." He said, his voice husky.

Oh god.. My cheeks flushed red.

"Next time, when you are kissing my cousin, make sure our bond is blocked."