A Phone Call

Author's Note

Sorry I haven't updated in so long! I've been really busy with other things. I hope this update makes up for it a little bit, even though it's not long. I'm planning on writing all summer!

***

“So you’re walking home right now?”

“Yep.” I replied, pulling the phone away from my ear to check the oncoming traffic, “Just crossing Adelaide Street now.”

“Did you have a good day?”

“It was pretty good…” I paused, blushing slightly, “Would have been better if I’d seen you.”

Charlie laughed a deep, manly chuckle. A grin slowly spread over my face as I imagined his features lighting up. The dimples that I’d only noticed last week would develop around his perfectly pink lips…

“Lou?”

“Yeah?” My blush intensified, clearly I’d got lost in my daydream, “Sorry what was that?”

“I said your day is about to improve,”

“Wha…” I was cut off as a pair of soft hands covered my eyes.

The hands were warm and shielded my vision gently while at the same time tugging me backwards into the person to whom they belonged. I relaxed into Charlie’s body with which I was becoming more and more familiar. We’d been on two dates as a couple now, and everything was only getting better.

The hands were removed and I whirled around. Our noses bumped together as I found myself inches away from Charlie. His hands found their way to my waist and brushed underneath my black blazer. I lifted my own hands so that they met behind his neck. Slowly, he rotated his head to the right. I closed my eyes and waited.

Feeling Charlie freeze, I flicked my eyes open. With a cautious hand, he stroked my blushing cheek. Then, cupping my face in his hand, he brought his lips to mine. A perfect peck. His lips tasted of spearmint chewing gum and were slightly moist. Charlie drew his head back and clutched hold of my hand, enclosing it tightly in his.

“We are definitely going to do that again,” he winked at me.

At this point I was pretty sure that my face was on fire with the heat in my cheeks. I giggled and rolled my eyes at him.