|♢| Chapter 6 |♢| Six Year Case

When treading up the stairs of the Baker Street flat, John quickly discovers Sherlock laying longways on the couch, his fingertips pressed to his chin in thought as he gazes up at the ceiling in a bored manor.

Not even looking at the blond, Sherlock asks plainly," what did Morison have to say?"

"He didn't really say that much. He last heard about the case four years ago when someone mentioned having an appeal, but he doesn't think one ever took place and nothing was said to him after that," Watson explains, studying the room.

You're nowhere in sight, but he could heard your muffled voice downstairs along with Mrs. Hudson's joyful one. The two of you are most likely having some 'girl time'. The landlady sure does enjoy having another woman around the flat and you had been quick to start treasuring tea time with her in order to escape the boys (mainly Sherlock when he decided to act like his usual self and shoot the wall a thousand times).

John scans the flat farther, licking his lips and debating whether he should repeat Rick Morison's question. Seeing as you are absent, he has a perfect chance to ask since there is no need in embarrassing you, although, he isn't sure how Sherlock will react or if such thing is possibly true. Sherlock in love with someone and enough to go through the trouble of putting a challenging man in prison? Now that would be an excellent laugh!

"Don't just stand there like an idiot. You clearly have something else to say so get it over with. You're distracting," Sherlock's voice cuts through John's thoughts like a knife, his icy blue eyes studying the man standing in the middle of the room like a child who's lost his parents in a store.

"Morison had a question he wanted me to ask you. He asked if it was really fair that you put so much effort in putting a man behind bars all because you...um," John coughs uncomfortably, whispering the rest with dusted red cheeks,"...wanted his girl in bed..."

He waits for his friend to react in some way, possibly by getting upset and arguing that it's just as ridiculous of thought as John considers it to be, yet nothing comes. Sherlock simply continues lying there, his eyes glued to the ceiling once again. It's like he didn't even bother to listen...

"Well?"

"Well what?"

John sighs," is that true?"

"You really believe that drunk?" The detective faces John with a glare," police will make up anything especially American ones. The man I went through 'so much effort' to put behind bars is guilty. He attempted to murder (Y/n) and tried to convince everyone she's the crazy one. I merely took her side because she's clearly innocent of such claims."

"I didn't think he was telling the truth anyways, to set the record straight," John points out, pointing an accusing finger at Holmes," and are you ever going to tell me the details to this case or am I forever going to be left in the dark."

Sherlock sits up with a huff, making John think he's going to argue further, but instead, the man stares down the stairs, appearing to think for a moment before speaking,"...if you must know, then I'll tell you. Just don't go questioning (Y/n) or anyone else about it. She doesn't need to be reminded more than she has and others don't need to go around gossiping."

Far too quickly, the ex-army doctor nods, sitting down in his chair a bit eagerly as Sherlock makes his way to his own, lazily dragging his feet and taking his time to get there. When he finally presses his back straight against the chair, he gives another look towards the stairs before starting his explanation. 

"As you already know, (Y/n) and I became acquainted with each other when she came to England for her junior and senior years of high school. After our graduation eight years ago from now, she had decided she wanted to go back to her own country to be closer to her family throughout college.