|♢| Chapter 19 |♢| Familiar And New

The morning hours spent at Baker Street seemed to have disappeared rather quickly compared to usual, especially for a Sunday. Having made a giant breakfast consisting of your favorite foods, you had decided to invite Ms. Hudson over to join the three of you. Of course, it was an offer the landlady gratefully accepted, in fact, she kept maundering on about how sweet you are and how the boys never invited her over for a meal unless they expect her to be the one cooking. You listened with a bashful smile while both men rolled their eyes to themselves, however, they knew better than to say a word of argument since they can't argue against facts.

Once finishing breakfast, everyone had gone to their own activities around the main room. You and Ms. Hudson talked happily among yourselves on the couch, Sherlock typed away on the laptop, and John, eventually giving up on convincing the detective to share his laptop, settled with reading a magazine about blogging tips in which he had purchased at the store a few days before.

As noon rolled in, Ms. Hudson had finally left to her own flat, saying something about her favorite show being on soon. It hadn't been too long after her departure that John excused himself too, having a few 'errands' to catch up on, although, Sherlock quickly revealed that he was instead planning to pay his girlfriend a visit, their conversation going something identical to: "It's obvious by the way you've dressed and the strong cologne you're wearing. You never wear that unless-"..."-Yes, thank you, Sherlock, I get it".

From the moment he exited the front door, the flat became just you and Sherlock's which is always a pleasure seeing that there's no one to comment on how strange your relationship is nor make funny faces whenever you so much as brush hands while reading (you wonder if John realizes his habit of doing that).

Perhaps to people like your other flat mate, the idea of a couple simply sitting in complete silence for hours on end is unheard, but it works for you and your boyfriend. While you certainly have nothing against your interesting conversations or the lingering touches you share throughout the day, you find yourself feeling the same connection with him even in silence through all those stolen glances with graced smiles and the simple thought of each other's presence offering comfort. In your opinion, it's a sign that your relationship is a perfect fit for the two of you, something you're certain Sherlock agrees with.

You close your book, blinking a couple of times to adjust your eyes after what felt like forever of reading

You close your book, blinking a couple of times to adjust your eyes after what felt like forever of reading. You glimpse over to Sherlock who has remained in the kitchen for the past hour, absorbed in one of his strange (and probably not sanitary) experiments involving human parts he received from the morgue.

You continue to keep your eyes locked with his hunched over figure for a few minutes, soaking in the handsome sight of him before finally putting your thoughts together," do you mind if I use the laptop?"

"Why would I care?" He answers dully, not removing his eyes from the blowtorch he uses to heat up a beaker of what you can only assume is blood. Despite his tone being one that might sound harsh to anyone else, you know him well enough to take it as a simple 'no'.