|♢| Chapter 18 |♢| 'Coupley' Relationship

With his chin resting against the palm of his hand, Sherlock passes the time by deducing those around him in bored manner. He focuses particularly on the couple sitting three tables away whose laughter and 'lovey-dovey' talk is rather difficult to ignore despite his desire to.

"Find out anything of interest, Holmes?" You question jokingly, at last returning to the table after having made your way through the lengthy line upfront. You set two coffees and a sandwich down before sitting adjacent to your boyfriend.

"Hardly," he straightens himself, tearing his eyes away for the couple to take a drink of the coffee you've brought him," that woman over there is clearly married seeing that there's a ring sized tan line on her left finger. Look at how lavishly she's dressed. Designer clothes and expensive jewelry, not to mention she keeps her body faced to the public's side, exposing most of her outfit to other customers rather than her date while purposely tucking her hair behind her ears to show her pearl earrings; she's obviously flaunting her wealth. A woman like that, if happily married, would never leave off her ring in public especially if it's as exorbitant as the rest of her jewelry which is likely.

"It's because that man there isn't her husband. Of course not, look at him. He has no ring nor tan lines where one would be, and he'd never be able to afford the clothing she has on. The low-quality outfit he's wearing himself could be bought anywhere. Also take note to how much younger he is compared to her, a decade at least. She's cheating on her husband with a younger yet poorer man, most likely to add a bit of 'spice' to her own life. Chances are the most it'll ever amount to is a few meetings in bed before she merely dumps him once she gets bored and or finds another."

"Or she gets caught by her husband. No man would be happy to find out his woman's been stolen by another," you glance over to the couple in the corner of your eyes, attempting to be a bit more subtle compared to Sherlock's unhidden staring. Sure enough, everything he's deduced looks to hold ground," not that she'd likely mind. If the husband's rich, then chances are she'd get a handsome alimony from the divorce. It's probably a good bet to say that a woman of her age and wealth has been married for a while, depending either mostly or entirely on her husband's money especially judging on the state of her nails."

"What about her nails?" Sherlock quizzes softly, eyes now fixated on your rather than the couple in question.

"Well, just look at them! They're about an inch long. No working woman would wear nails that long unless it's a special occasion or they're a nail artist, otherwise it would be a waste of time and money because they'd only get ruined right away, not to mention one wrong move would result in your entire nail being bent back in half which hurts like hell. Also, when she was waiting in line earlier, I happened to be admiring the crazy details painted on them when I noticed the complete lack of chips or scratches despite the dulling shine showing that she's had them done for a while now. I'm sorry, but that's impossible for a woman who works.

"Going off what you previously noticed, I'd say it seems fitting that she wouldn't work herself, why would she if her rich husband buys everything for her? The courts would see that she 'relies' on him and allow her a high alimony to make up for her 'loss' during a divorce. Betting that she only cares about herself and money, I'd say she'd be pleased with that outcome," you take a sip of your coffee to wet your throat after your small rant, sneaking a glance at Sherlock who's smirking at you now," what?"

"You've improved with your deduction skills, I see."

His words make you blush, directing your eyes to the side while selecting one of the sandwich halves to stuff into your mouth after your next words," I'd be upset if I hadn't. I'd like to think I've learned something during all my time spent with you."