|♢| Chapter 20 |♢| Double The Dates And Drinks

The actors on stage finally take a bow in front of the cheering audience, something that makes Sherlock sigh in relief. He could've easily finished his experiment back home by this time, but instead, he just wasted over two hours sitting in a freezing park while watching a group of amateur actors preform the predictable story of Hamlet.

Once the lights flash back on, echoed conversations can be heard all around as people begin gathering their belongings which mostly consist of blankets and chairs. John and Mary stand off to the side, talking happily amongst themselves which allows you time to lightly tug on Sherlock's coat sleeve to gain his attention," so, what did you think?"

"Of the play?" He grumbles at the thought before promptly beginning to list various problems he noticed with 'such legendary work of art'.

You only chuckle upon hearing his rant, having already predicted that he wouldn't enjoy himself; so much had been clear by his reluctantly to go in the first place. You use his shoulder to hoist yourself up, interrupting him with a kiss to the cheek," thank you for agreeing to come even though you really didn't have to."

"...Of course," he redirects his eyes away from you, but allows himself to smile softly which is something you love to see.

Mary turns back to the two of you, still laughing at something John had said before asking in a joyful tone," we're thinking of getting something to drink next. You two wanna join us?"

"Oh, I don't know if-" You're quick to shake your head, believing the play has been enough to ask for from your boyfriend in one night. You've already taken him out of his comfort zone and don't want to disrespect his carefully place boundaries.

"-I could use something to drink," to your surprise, Sherlock agrees to the request while standing and offering a hand to you.

You take it, allowing him to pull you up," you're sure?"

"After that disaster, I wouldn't mind some alcohol," he sighs again, remembering the disorganization of last act," of course, if you don't want to, we can go home instead."

"No, no. I wouldn't mind going for a drink," you smile brightly, keeping his hand intwined with yours while following John and Mary out of the park.

Meanwhile, John glances back at the two of you holding hands, hating how Sherlock's making him look tonight. He told Mary the man would never go to a play let alone a pub right afterwards. Now he looks like he doesn't even know his own best friend as well as claimed," I swear, you usually have to drag him out of the flat by the leg."

"He's in love, John. That's what love does to people no matter how stubborn," Mary chuckles, following her boyfriend's eyes with a fond look.

 That's what love does to people no matter how stubborn," Mary chuckles, following her boyfriend's eyes with a fond look

The pub's loud and busy, people filling practically every piece of space the room has to offer. Some stand around talking while others dance in the middle to music they can barely hear. It's a wonder any waitress can get food around to tables with the crowd.