7.

*Nether Realm: Quan Chi's palace*

*Tiana's POV*

Trying to break out this joint isn't going to work at all. I leaned against the wall and wondered...'I'm going to die soon am I? No, I won't. Scorpion will save me. I know he will.' As the thoughts kept coming and coming, I was disrupted by the door being opened. "Come with us. Quan Chi highly requested of you." They moved in, but I refused to be taken again and tried to move backwards. They forcedly grabbed me and took me to Quan Chi's summoning room.

"AH LET ME GO!" I kept screaming and screaming till I couldn't anymore once again. There he was...."Quan Chi..." I spoke in an unpleasant tone. That laugh, horrible laugh was the only thing to predict what will happen next. "Leave us." The assassin's left. "It appears you are somewhat familiar with this place." Only Quan Chi would know the answer. Instead I kept quiet.

Quan Chi began to pace the room. "Not much of a talker, are you?" He stopped by one of the tables filled with skulls, knifes, and body parts. It's too disgusting to look at. Finally its time to get some answers. "What do you want with me?" I yet whispered loudly. Suddenly everything stopped. Like the earth stopped moving and time froze. All what was heard was from a cling of a skull. How can a skull make such a noise like that?

Quan Chi smirked without me knowing. "Well now Tiana, I want nothing from you...Except you have something of mine." I had no clue what he was talking about. 'What does he mean, I have nothing of his....or do I?' Quan Chi walked away from the table and went for me. I tried to backup but couldn't. Looking behind, shock appeared within my gorgeous brown eyes. A Green boned hand...as in matter of fact it was squeezing me. 'How did he!-'"Perhaps there is something I need of you. Your soul will help me regain my strength." Realizing the next scenario my eyes widen.

Trying to struggle out of his spell's grasps, it gets tighter and part of my soul was being drained. 'Oh my goodness gracious meee. I'm getting dizzy. Feels like I can't breathe. The grasps keeps getting tighter and tighter. I guess this it, the end of the road for me.' My eyes began to slightly close. But before they did, I heard someone shout in anger before passing out...for the first time.

*Scorpion's POV*

"NO!" Pain, hate, guilt, and all mixed emotions built up in me. "Scorpion, I'm glad you could join us." "Speak your last words Quan Chi." Without saying anymore, I teleport punch and roundhouse kicked Quan Chi to the wall. "Scorpion we can talk about th-""Enough Quan Chi." I summoned my sword to finish him since he won't fight back. But someone or something stopped me from doing so. "No...stop..."

That voice, its sounds weak. I put my sword away while staring at Tiana. Quickly, I ran over to her. Taking her hand, I laid her head on my bicep. "Scorpion-""Save your words for later. You're weak." She nods. I picked her up bridle style. We were about to leave, but..."Scorpion she will still die. I can restore her soul, though in return you must stay here in the Nether Realm." Quan Chi gathered his hands behind his back. 'If I stay here, Quan Chi won't come after Tiana. But if I don't-'My thoughts were disrupted by Tiana. "Stay..." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "If I stay who will protect you and your family from those who would take advantage." I didn't want this to happen, no not at all.

Few minutes passed worth of thinking about my decision. No matter how many times Tiana had tried to convince me it still won't work. "Time is ticking Scorpion." Tiana gave Quan Chi a disgusting look before turning towards me. "Quan Chi only wants you to be his servant again. I think its best if you stay, it's the only way." Tiana had a point there. Until finally, I made my decision. "I'll stay..." It broke me to say that one little phrase. Quan Chi was surprised. "Excellent..." He said that a left us two alone after restoring Tiana's soul.

Silence took upon us like a burden or curse that couldn't be lift. "You can take me home..." I nodded.

Arriving at the portal, I still had Tiana bride style. We stared at each other before walking through. On the other side awaits the dark woods that stands before us. "I'm sorry..." "For what?" "Everything, I'm sorry that you had to go through all of this-""Tiana it does not matter now, you're safe." There it goes again, her pretty smile is just so adorable. Everything about her is adorable.

I teleported us to the apartment. A surprised was upon us all. "TIANA IS BACK!" Mikey shouted in excitement. Mom slammed open her door. Tears were building up in her eyes. "Hi mommy and Mikey!" It was nice to see the family getting back together. After the hug, they let go of each other. The mom stepped towards me, "Thank you for ringing her home..." Many emotions could be shown. "I would anything to bring her back." Everyone was happy. It won't be long before I have to leave. But before I do there is something I must do first.

*End of POV*

*Few hours later*

It was still dark outside, meaning its 2:30 in the morning. I hopped in bed. 'It's been a long day, especially having your soul drawn from you....Scorpion is leaving today...' I sighed heavily. I tried to not think about it. 'He probably left already. I wish I was able to take all of that back now.' Closing my eyes, the brain still roams through many thoughts.

I heard someone walk in the room. I tried to remain calm. The intruder sat down on the bed, and the next thing was shocking. A pair of lips landed on my cheek. Swiftly, facing the person who could only be Scorpion, but his mask was on. "I apologize for waking you." He spoke in a deep soft tone. Gosh, who else could fall for that? I straighten up. "No you didn't, I was awake because I couldn't sleep." He nodded. I got up for a quick second to stretch my arms before plopping back down.

"You're leaving right now aren't you?" I spoke disappointed, looking away. Most of the time there would be a response, but now it's different. Like the very first night we met. Heavy tense filled the air...making you feel somewhat drowning below 100 meters deep of the sea.

Scorpion moves one of his hands around my waist and the other behind my head. This will probably be his last interaction with me. He has to make it worth one last time.

I then returned the same affection. Wrapping my arms around his neck, Scorpion buries his face in my neck. It's so peaceful to stay in this position, especially when it's quiet except only hearing your heart beat, and his hot breathing. 20 minutes or less had pass, both couldn't release each other, but it was almost time for Scorpion to go. "Tiana there is something I have to tell you." My heart began to fasten. Clearly Scorpion could see I was getting very nervous. So instead he takes my hand in his.

"Ever since we first met, I've become bonded with you over the past few weeks. You possess so much talent, beauty, and personality showing great potential. I wish I can spend more time with you, though my time has passed. I want you to know that I love you more than anything in this world. I hope one day we can meet again." Tears developed my eyes. "S-scorpion I feel the same way. I love you too, even before we knew each other..." Tears of happiness wouldn't stop falling. The grips became tighter, before hugging resumed its part. Ending everything for the two, Scorpion got up. He slowly let go of my hand. I didn't deny the fact of losing someone close to them could be so much painful. Though it wasn't my first time. It only happened to a family member.

"Wait!" Scorpion stopped in his tracks. If he turns around sadness could be revealed in those white eyes. "When are you coming back...?" He stayed silent for a few minutes before responding. "Tiana, I don't know...but I promise to visit every now and then. For now this is goodbye..." "Goodbye...Hanzo..." Scorpion smiled beneath his mask for the 50th time. He takes one last glance at Tiana before walking out the door.

He left....

I fell backwards on my bed crying my eyes out after he left. 'Stay safe out there.' I cried myself to sleep.