Chap. 1: That Leaves Only One

Hi guys, this is my first story, so if it's bad or you have ideas for the plot, let me know in the comments ;) Please just don't hate me. I don't know how often I will update, either.

Lauren's P.O.V.

It was raining, so I decided to stay in my room and pick up my phone (Lauren doesn't have a phone in real life). Of course, I typed "Cody Simpson" into the YouTube search bar right away. He's my celebrity crush. No, he's more than that. I really, really like him, just not in a creepy way. Maybe, just maybe, it's a real crush? I'm not sure.

The first video that pops up is his new single, Pretty Brown Eyes. I skip right over that, because I've already heard it a million times. I still love it, though. It is #1 on the charts, anyway. The next video is an interview. It's recent, posted to the PopShack account not 4 hours ago. I move my finger over to that, but before I can even tap it, Christina yells,

"Lauren! Get down here! We're gonna film the music video with or without you, and we're leaving now!"

Ah, the sass. Not my favorite part of my sister, but we all have our quirks. I looked outside, and it had stopped raining. It never stays rainy for long in Malibu.

"What video?" I ask, playing dumb just to annoy her. She hates that.

"Renegade, dummy." She replies. (Renegade isn't a released song yet, but it might be on their upcoming album.)

"Alright." I sigh. I'm so tired. It's summer, but it's SO HOT here in Cali, and who doesn't hate Mondays?

Cody's P.O.V. , 4 hours and 30 minutes earlier

Oh my gosh. I cannot stand to even do one more interview, even if I get to go back home to Australia after this one. I mean, London is amazing, but it's rainy ALL THE TIME and I was just performing at an event. I'm tired, and they can't even give me a break. I know they're going to ask me about Gigi..... But we're over now, and it will hurt if they ask about her. But that was months ago, and I've found someome. Her name is Lauren, and I wrote my single for her. But she doesn't know that, does she? It's just a simple crush, right? I have to leave now. The traffic will be horrible, and it is the morning rush hour.

30 Minutes Later

Now we're halfway through the interview, but that doesn't mean that I'm in the clear.  This is when they ask about...... Her. Both hers, both Gigi and if I have found another. Maybe I'll tell them.  It will be best to get this off my chest.

"So, about Gigi....." The interviewer trails off.

"Yeah. We're over, we're through. I'm not completely over her. I still can't believe that she would cheat on me, after all I did for her. But my mind is taking its time erasing her." (I'm sure Gigi is not like that in real life. I know they broke up, but I didn't follow it after that.)

"Have you, you know, found another? It's been awhile...." He trails off again. It is another awkward question, after all.

"Kinda, you know...... Another crush. It's a celebrity this time, though. Kind of. I'm just leaving you hanging here, aren't I?" I laughed at his puzzled face.

"Wait, wait. Let me guess. Ummm..... Perrie Edwards?" He said, making a joke.

I laughed. "NO! She's getting married! Congatulations! To You! And Zayn! This is getting wierd! I'm so sorry to both of you for this!"

"Uh......  JLo?"

"No! You're not funny!" I shouted, even though I was still laughing.

"One of the Cimorelli girls? Aha! Nailed it!" He shouted, as a response to my silence and tiny smile.

"You got me there, I suppose." I said, nervous.

"Which one? Christina? Katherine? Lisa?"

"No. Sorry girls, but you're a bit old for me. No offense! It's not like I'm saying you're really old or something! I cut it off at 20 right now! Arrgh! This is getting wierd again!"

"You're good at making it wierd. Some of us are just born like that..... Able to make even a wedding sound wierd. A.K.A. special in a bad way....." The interviewer laughed.

I burst out laughing. "Hey!"

"Sorry, man. Is it Amy? She's your age."

"It's nothin'. And no......"

"And Dani is only 14..... so that leaves only one. Is Pretty Brown Eyes about her?" His smile couldn't have possibly gotten bigger.

More silence from me. But a huge smile this time.

"And there you have it! Cody Simpson likes Lau-" I had put a hand over his mouth, still wearing the smile.

"And that's a wrap! This guy is crazy, so excuse us while we visit the mental doctor!" I said as I threw him over my shoulder and walking out of the camera's view, letting him down only to run back in and finish up the interview.