Chap. 4: Opening Act?

Cody's P.O.V. , 6 A.M.

I woke up at 4 A.M. to catch a flight to Cali. I think about surfing there, just to cheer me up. I brought my surfboard, even though they said no, it's too big at first. Malibu is SO close to the coast. How can you not go swim, like, every day?

1 hour until arrival in Malibu. I'm still so nervous, even if not stressed. What would Lauren say, if I met her in person? What would her parents think? Her brothers? Will they think I'm okay, or reject me 'cause I'm a surfer boy from Australia? For all I know, I could be opening for Britney Spears. No, she doesn't record in Malibu, much less live there.

It would be so cool to open for an artist like Demi Lovato or Becky G, even if there's not really a reason for them to be in Cali. Well, Becky does live in Inglewood, but that doesn't mean anything. I could be opening for anyone, and the first show could be in Malibu. I put my headphones in, to pass the time and relieve some of this nervousness. Of course, the first song that plays is Renegade, by Cimorelli. I really like the song, but now is not the time. I switch the song.

"Please buckle your seatbelts, we will be landing soon," I hear the intercom say. Great, I must have fallen asleep. With music on. Gah, I'm so tired. It's 7:00 now.

By the time I had found my hotel room, gotten everything inside, then got stuck in a freaking TRAFFIC JAM, of all things, I would be 15 minutes late. Always great for a first impression. I'm just so fab. All the time. I fix my hair over and over again, as the taxi cab driver drives toward the studio, not nearly fast enough.

Lauren's P.O.V.

It's 7:15. Where is the second opening act? One is here, actually on time. I'm really anxious to see who they are, but our manager is waiting for the second artist.  Hurry up!

Dani's P.O.V.

I'm so anxious and bored. When will they get here? I start dancing. Lisa joins me in the nae nae, just as Christina yells at us to stop. Everyone is laughing, and she can't make us stop. Just then, a door slams, but no one pays attention to it. Even Chrissy is laughing now. Our manager opens the door, and Fifth Harmony walks in. All of our jaws drop, and we scream. All 11 of us. Then, we just all laugh.

"Sorry for walkin' in on y'all like that," Ally says. I think she and Amy will get along just fine. They're both short, country and religious.  Perfect match.

Dinah joins in on our 2- person nae nae dance party, now 3 people. Soon, everyone but my sister Lauren and Lauren Jauregui join in. Those two just look at each other and laugh. Then they start dancing, too. They'll get along, I can tell. Did I ever tell you I'm psychic? Then someone started playing their new single, Bo$$. We all start singing along, me and my sisters love this song.

Yeah, you say you a baller

And I see you tryna' holla

But that ain't how I was brought up. Next!

Workin' for my money, 'cause that's what my momma taught me

So your @$$ better show me some respect

Wooh! Michelle Obama.

Purse so heavy, gettin' Oprah dollas.

Suddenly, we realize that someone is standing in the doorway, filming us. All 11 jaws drop, again. Especially me and my sisters'. It's Cody Simpson. This is gonna be wierd.

Cody's P.O.V.

I finally reach the studio. The other artists are in one of the soundproof rooms. She lets me in. As it turns out, I've just walked in on 11 girls dancing the nae nae to Fifth Harmony's song Bo$$. They don't notice at first, and it's funny because I got it all on tape. Dani yells,

"Hey! Delete that!" Then they scream and run at me, fangirling. I give a nervous smile, because as it turns out, I am opening for Cimorelli. And I'm perfectly okay with that.

"Nope! Girls, this is going on YouTube, and it's gonna go viral!" I say, as I run to the men's restroom to post it and send it to all of them.

"Get him!" Someone yells, and they all run after me. Too late, I'm already inside the bathroom.

"No, Lisa! You can't go in there!" I hear Camila say.

I hear Katherine say, "I don't think you know Lisa. She'll go anywhere she wants, no matter how wierd it will look. Especially for pizza."

"True dat!" Lisa yells, as she barges in. I'm still filming. I run into the stall, locking it just in time to stop her. I come out when I hear her leave, ending the video and posting it online, but not before telling everyone to buy Bo$$ on iTunes now because they've just seen how awesome it is and how it's great for doing the nae nae. I send it to all of them through email.

Lauren's P.O.V.

All of our phones buzz at the same time. Still perfectly together, we pull our phones out of our pockets and say, "Oh no" at the same time. Cody has already put the video online. Lisa's attemps to stop him were in vain. Whatever, at least now everyone knows that we're awesome at the nae nae. And that Lisa can and will willingly go into the men's room. Great job Lisa, great job.