Laser Tagging // Tom Hiddleston

"This year, for your birthday (Y/N), we're going to play some laser tag!" Tom's voice broke through the peacefulness of the morning.

Both of you were seated at a table at your favorite cafe with steaming mugs of tea in front of you. It was your 29th birthday, and Tom had mentally decided he wasn't going to spend it reading Othello in a cafe, as much as he would've enjoyed it.

"Is that a challenge, Mr. Hiddleston?" you questioned, cocking an eyebrow and setting your book down.

You and Tom weren't dating - just good friends. Having met his sister in 5th grade, the two of you had been close since.

Tom smirked, and ran a hand through his newly grown beard playfully. "Maybe."

"Challenge accepted."

...

"Why in the world would you wear a suit to this? Good luck." you mused, mentally praising yourself for being smart and wearing some athletic pants.

Tom just shrugged, and looked at the employee who would explain the rules.

The poor worker seemed mortified that he was explaining the rules of laser tag to a major celebrity. That wasn't what he had thought of when he woke up this morning.

"So, basically, um... you... um... you have like your own flag. And uh... the other person has to try to take that flag. The first person to take the flag three times wins. And uh.. if you get shot your suit will glow red and you have to freeze for fifteen seconds. "

Tom nodded with understanding, and you could see the cogs working in his brain, coming up with a strategy.

You were allowed 30 seconds to hide within the course, and then the buzzer went off, marking the start of the game.

You snuck towards your own flag, hiding out near it. You were planning to get Tom when he came to retrieve your flag and push him back.

He never came.

With a curious huff, you proceeded cautiously out of your hiding spot, and went towards Tom's flag, not noticing as your friend sneaked past you in the darkness.

Your fist curled around his flag and you held it up as a victory alarm went off, then a second alarm blared only seconds later, and you narrowed your eyes as you spotted Tom holding up your flag as well. This was going to be one tough game...

...

The two of you were neck to neck. Tom had managed to snag your flag again not soon after that, and you abolished his victory quickly with your own.

Both of you were two to two, and ready to win by whatever means necessary. To Tom, it meant much more than one would've thought.

He'd teased the possibility of many things with you before.

He was ready to take it to the next level, and fate seemed to agree as well, for everything was going smoothly.

You had been attempting yet another run for Tom's flag, when you ran straight through the maze of barriers into a dead end.

The click of Tom's classy shoes against the floor marked his arrival, and you curiously gazed at his serious face, readying your gun to shoot him.

It didn't happen.

Before your finger could make it to the trigger, he had pushed you back into the wall and had placed a very rough kiss on your lips.

His actions had taken you by surprise and you responded by dropping your defenses and giving in, kissing back.

You felt Tom smirk against your lips and pull away a moment later.

Then the bastard shot you and walked away.

...

You crossed your arms and huffed as Tom was given a mini ribbon for his victory against you, and five hundred tickets to spend at the arcade.

"You cheated." you pouted to him as the two of you walked out of the building.

Tom shrugged. "I don't consider that cheating (Y/N). Considering, you shouldn't have let your guard down."

"Did you actually even mean it or was it just a distraction?" You asked after a minute, dropping your gaze nervously.

"I've wanted to do that for years." he breathed in response, and your head snapped up with shock, and slowly melted into a loving expression.

Tom bent down and neatly pulled you into another kiss, this one more slow and passionate. To the dismay of both of you, he pulled away just as it was getting a little heated.

"Hey, (Y/N). I've got another present for you, it's in the bedroom." he purred in a seductive tone, and your smirk rivaled his own as it clicked and you put a hand on his chest, tilting your head up to look at Tom.

"Let's open it then, shall we?"