14: Sleepless

Music: Raging - Kygo

(Y/N) = Your Name
(L/N) = Last Name
(E/C) = Eye Colour
(F/C) = Favourite Colour

(Y/N) = Your Name(L/N) = Last Name(E/C) = Eye Colour(F/C) = Favourite Colour

:Chapter Fourteen:

Loki woke up to a loud crash coming from the kitchen, causing him to shoot up. He already knew it was (Y/N) and he couldn't understand why, or even how, she was still up.

He glanced to the digital clock on the side: it was 03:30am! What could she possibly be doing at this time?

Sighing, Loki removed the covers and decided to see what was up. He still had to thank her for what she did. No one had ever really been his friend. He could never call Lady Sif and the Warriors Three his friends - they never were. Those were Thor's friends that he just hung around because his 'brother' was there.

Loki walked out into the end of the hallway, dressed in a comfy sweatshirt and jog bottoms - completely the opposite to his royal uniform. The first thing he noticed was a punching bag hanging from the ceiling above the step between the kitchen and the lounge. He frowned, had that always been there?

Then he noticed the female walking around it, fists clenched with a glare on her face, as if the punchbag had personally done something to her. She wasn't dressed in her usual long sleeve attire, yet something entirely different. A sports bra, shorts and thin (F/C) jumper covered the main areas of her body, leaving the rest of her toned legs and stomach in complete view.

Loki watched as she began hitting the punchbag with all her might, grunting at the impact of her bare fists against the material. What was she doing?

The God hasn't spoken to her properly since her nightmare apart from that one night, and he didn't know whether she'd truly been asleep since. How long had it been? Three or four days?

Suddenly, JARVIS piped up, "Miss (L/N), might I suggest taking a break? Your body is dehydrated and malnourished for the past few days."

"I'm fine." She muttered, but her vision was slightly hazy.

"You shouldn't be awake, Phoenix." Loki spoke up, walking towards her, "Mortals need their rest."

(Y/N) huffed, landing a harsh hit on the punchbag and sending it swinging, "Luckily for us, I'm not mortal."

Loki rolled his eyes, walking until he was directly behind her, "You still need sleep."

JARVIS spoke again, "Miss, you haven't been properly rested for nearly seventy-five hours. I'm beginning to worry that Mr Stark is a bad influence on you."

"Mr Stark ain't got nothing to do with it." She mumbled, breathing heavily. Loki could see the sweat form over her forehead and along her stomach, making him wonder just how long she had actually be doing this for.

"(Y/N)?" His only response was a grunt. He needed to stop her. Loki could already sense her body tiring, and JARVIS was sending continuous warnings that (Y/N) completely ignored, "(Y/N)!" He grabbed her arm, only for her to yank it away.

"Don't touch me!" She yelled before her eyes focused, as if she only just recognised the God standing there, "I-um..."

She stepped back as he walked forward, trapping her between the glass and himself. Loki gently gripped her arms, looking into her (E/C) eyes. (Y/N) watched as his emeralds scan her face, taking in the dark circles under her eyes. Loki's hands went up to cup her cheeks, listening to her heavy pants from her previous exercise. His thumbs traced along those circles, his face showing genuine concern, "What's wrong?"

For some reason, she felt as though she could trust him. (Y/N) should've, of course, she called herself Loki's friend. But it was a different kind of trust. She felt safe.

"N-Nothing." She breathed, looking away.

"Why have you been awake for seventy-five hours?"

(Y/N) sighed, pressing her thumb into her palm, "I can't sleep." She whispered, "And when I do, I have nightmares."

The God brushed a hand through her hair, pushing down her hood before his arms went around her body, picking her up bridally. He walked through the floor and back to her room. A light washed over her, and the sports clothing had been replaced by joggers and a t-shirt.

"What are you doing?"

Loki gently placed her on the bed before lying next to her, sighing, "I can't stop the nightmares from occurring, but I heard that people feel most safe when they are around others they care about. You said that you wanted to be my friend and help me - the least I can do is return the favour."

(Y/N) smiled up at the God before curling into him. Loki, inexperienced in the art of cuddling, hesitantly put his arm around her waist, pulling the female closer until she was practically laying on him.

"Maybe you're not so bad after all, Loki." She grinned, only just realising how tired she actually was.

The God chuckled, "Maybe not."

(Y/N) let out a small yawn before whispering, "Thank you."

------

It was eleven o'clock when (Y/N) sat up from her slumber, and the body that helped her sleep was no longer present. She frowned, running a hang through her hair - she didn't have any nightmares.

Sighing, she slumped back down, staring up at the ceiling. Never would she thought Loki would do that for her - he didn't seem like the kind of person for sentiment. Perhaps the noise she was making just irritated him and he wanted to sleep himself.

"Miss (L/N), Mr Stark has requested your presence in the lab." JARVIS spoke, "I've also run tests on your diagnostics and the results come up as insomnia. I suggest talking about this to Dr Banner the next time you see him. I've already sent him the results."

(Y/N) sighed again, nodding, "Thanks, JARVIS."

She reluctantly pulled herself out of bed and had a quick shower before getting dressed into a plain (F/C) t-shirt and jeans. Walking through the hall, she poked her head into Loki's room, noticing him asleep on his bed.

(Y/N) walked over to him, she brushed her hand through his silky locks before leaning down, pressing a gentle kiss onto his forehead, "Thank you." she whispered, knowing he couldn't hear her before going to Tony's lab.