18: Agent, Report

Music: Free - 7eventh Time Down

(Y/N) = Your Name
(L/N) = Last Name

:Chapter Eighteen:

"Never let them get their arms around you."

"Always observe your surroundings. Don't let them trap you."

"Use your powers when you get the chance. That or leave them as a surprise attack."

"Always be on guard."

------

'Agent (L/N), report your status immediately.'

"I'm almost on target. They'll never see me coming." (Y/N) whispered back, "I'm on the North side of the building."

'Agent (Y/N), we specifically told you not to go that way.'

"It was the easiest way in!" she rolled her eyes.

'And the most difficult way out.'

"Chill out, it's not going to be-"

"(Y/N)."

The female flinched, turning around at the sudden voice. Why did it sound familiar? Awfully familiar.

'Agent (L/N), is something wrong?'

"No, everything's-"

"(Y/N) (L/N)."

She tensed again at the voice, holding up the pistol in her hands straight in front of her. Her breathing was the only thing that she could hear, that voice sending a panic jolt through her - where had she heard that from?

'Agent (L/N) report immediately.'

A figure moved from the dark and into the light, causing all of (Y/N)'s body to freeze. Her eyes stared fearfully at the being before her. He smiled, a dark, malicious smile that caused her to shiver. Always be on guard.

"Zola?" she whispered, trying to swallow the lump that formed in her throat. She watched as his static figure stepped closer, grinning - Arnim Zola. He kept walking until he was right in front of the gun, staring at it disappointedly.

"You disappoint me, (Y/N)." he muttered, "I didn't think that a being with your skill would need such a pathetic weapon."

The gun was getting shaky in her hands as she stared at the glitchy male before her - he may have been a hologram, but he was still dangerous.

(Y/N) swallowed again, "I-I thought you died?"

He chuckled, "I uploaded myself into a computer. How could I possibly die?"

"But Mr Rogers, Natasha - you died when you tried to kill them!" she glared at him, remembering how he hurt her friends trying to save the Winter Soldier.

"It's such a shame that they didn't die - it meant I had to wait longer to get my hands on you." He grinned darkly, making (Y/N) wish she could just wipe that smirk off his face.

'(Y/N), report now!' the voice on the communicator grew more frantic. Zola tilted his static head towards the device, giving her a pointed look.

(Y/N) grabbed the communicator and shakily brought it up to her lips, "I'm fine." She turned it off before anyone could reply, glaring at the hologrammed man in front of her, "What do you want from me?"

"Oh, no. I don't want anything from you." He spoked, walking around her, "You see, I did want to get back what was once mine, but now I've seen it's gone to such good use - I can't waste it, can I?'

(Y/N) clenched her fists, her anger heating up the light energy in her palms but she forced it back, "What are you talking about?"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about." he sneered, standing right in front of her, leaning down to her height, "I'm talking about the very energy that runs through your blood, the very light your body clings onto! All of that raw power has seeped into you, and into your system that it's impossible to retrieve."

(Y/N) stared back at him, "Do you plan to take it back?"

Even though he was a static hologram, his grin was very clear, and very sinister, "Oh, no, I don't plan on taking anything back. I plan on making it better."

At once, soldiers rushed in the room, surrounding the teenager with heavy weaponry. Always observe your surroundings. Don't let them trap you.

Zola stepped back in line with them, "Now, you're going to come with us, or we'll take you by force."

"I'm not going anywhere with you." (Y/N) snapped, "Your technology helped my parents make the first fifteen years of my life hell - do you really expect me to comply to your demands?"

Zola shrugged, "Not really, but it doesn't matter either way. I'll get what I want."

Two soldiers suddenly snatched hold of her arms and began dragging her somewhere, but she immediately recoiled, yanking her arms back. Never let them get their arms around you. The men seemed stunned for a second, but their faces scrunched with pain as soon as her fists slammed against them.

"Don't you need to call your petty friends for back up? Won't you need a hero to save you?" Zola mocked, giving her a pouty face.

(Y/N) ground her teeth together, holding her fists up in a defending position, "I don't need no hero."

All soldiers seemed to attack at once, rushing towards her like a sea of enemies. Use your powers when you get the chance. That or leave them as a surprise attack. (Y/N) breathed deeply before a powerful burst of light energy enveloped her hands and she leapt, spinning in the air to knock all of the men off guard.

They stumbled, many continuing to stand back up and fight, but Zola sighed, "No, guys- you're-" he gritted his teeth as the yells continued to erupt from his men and nothing came from the female, "Fine, I'll do it myself."

(Y/N) swung her fist back, preparing to slam it against another male until something blasted towards her and struck her back. She slammed into the wall at the far end, groaning in pain. She weakly stood, clenching her fists. Whatever had just hit absorbed a lot of her energy, causing her to loose her strength for a moment.

Vision hazy, she realized the fist aiming towards her when it was too late, causing her to fly back again at the force, grunting, "Psychopath."

Something latched onto her upper arm, digging into her flesh. She breathed heavily, eyes widening when she realised what it was.

No... No, no, no. Not again.

She tried to claw it off, but the band immediately shocked her, sending her body into a surge of pure agony that made her yell out in pain. She squeezed her eyes shut as it stopped, pressing up against the wall.

(Y/N) could feel his hologram kneel beside her, and she flinched away as his static fingers swiped across her cheek, "D-Don't touch me." she spat.

Zola tilted his head, "You're parents did a good job of turning you into this. But I can make you into your ultimate form. A living weapon. Someone that will give not only children nightmares, but the bravest of adults too."

"N-No..." she stuttered, but her eyes were already seeing black dots from the impacts her body had taken from the enemy.

"Soon," Zola whispered, his lips peeling back into a malicious grin, "Soon, you'll be perfect."