22: You Need to Stop

Music: Ready or Not (ft. Esthero) - Mischa "Book" Chillak

(Y/N) = Your Name
(E/C) = Eye Colour
(N/N) = Nickname

(Y/N) = Your Name(E/C) = Eye Colour(N/N) = Nickname

:Chapter Twenty-Two:

{FIRST PERSON POV: (Y/N)}

I remember the stories.

I remember the stories of the man who defied HYDRA and got his life back. He escaped from them. But I heard that another had succeeded in bringing forward the soldier - yet he still got his sanity back in the end.

Controlling people is part of their agenda. Improving humanity is their mission but they do it wrong. They take, and they take, and they take and they never return. Because once they've got you - that's it - you're HYDRA's forever.

Many are experimented on, and very few survive. I can still remember the Winter Soldiers. They became vile, frightful creatures with no limits because of HYDRA. Then they were killed in their sleep. Like I said, they take - and they didn't care who they took from.

James Buchanan Barnes.

I remember him now.

He used to be the one to train them, they said. They made sure the other Winter Soldiers could take him down - and I saw that much in the videos. He may have been the best, but they were relentless, so it didn't bother me to find out they had all been destroyed.

I had seen so many people be injected and 'treated upon' as HYDRA would call it, but I never expected myself to be caught in the mix.

The first time was painful. It was like a continuous punch to the gut that struck every nerve, every muscle in my body in one flick. I had never felt anything quite like that before. I thought it'd be only one time, but when they saw my body was accepting the injection, they tested further.

I felt like a lab rat caught in the cross fire. I had my parents, then... Arnim Zola.

He was hardly worth being called human. He was a psychopath. The things he did and helped to do to people was beyond belief, especially when he claimed to be helping the human race. He didn't help anything.

And he definitely didn't help me.

The first time those words fell upon my ears, it was strange. I had never felt so... blank. It was like my mind was wiped clean of all my humanity.

All I saw was red.

I craved the destruction they asked me to perform. I yearned for the sight of blood. Nothing and no one could prepare me or those victims for that.

The worst part was that I could see.

I saw it all. I watched everything that I had done to those people - I remember and I can't forget. I could never forget. The only way I couldn't remember is if I had a blackout. The fighting and the blood would've consumed me enough to not care about anything and I wouldn't remember at all - at least not until a few days later when the memories would come flooding back to my screaming form.