19: Taken

Music: Two/Ten - Closure

(Y/N) = Your Name
(L/N) = Last Name

(Y/N) = Your Name(L/N) = Last Name

:Chapter Nineteen:

(Y/N) tugged at the restraints, watching as the man behind the glass grinned at her, "Now, now, (Y/N), stop struggling. This won't hurt a bit."

"Yeah, that's what you said last time." she spat, clenching her fists as a shock ran through her veins, making her slam her head back into the chair, trying to suppress her groan.

"You know better than to go running your mouth." he sneered, walking into the room and producing a large needle.

(Y/N)'s glassy orbs widened at the piece of equipment and began struggling harshly, attempting anything to remove herself from the chains that bound her still, "W-What is that?"

He flicked the tube, a malicious grin spreading across his face, "This is from a friend of mine. Arnim Zola. He's a biochemist and is specialised in the chemical and physico-chemical processes that occur in living organisms."

She stared at the needle with an increasing amount of fear - who knew what that idiot put in there!

"W-What's it going to do to me?"

"Improve you." he stated and began walking closer.

(Y/N) freaked out again, thrashing around, "NO! Don't come near me! Don't you touch me!" she screamed, wide-eyed and struggling, "Get away from me!"

Her father simply smirked, gripping hold of her bruised arm before jamming the needle into her flesh.

------

"Where's Agent (L/N)?" Black Widow slammed into Fury's office on the helicarrier, the rest of the Avengers falling behind her. After an urgent message from SHIELD, all Avengers were called to be on board right away. Thor had dragged Loki with him, not trusting his brother alone in Stark tower. Loki also insisted on coming - he wanted to know what happened to his phoenix right now.

Director Fury didn't even flinch when the heroes stormed into his large office, continuing to stare out the window. After a few moments, he sighed, "Agent (L/N) has been taken."

"What?" Loki breathed, anger flooding through his veins, "What do you mean she's been taken?!"

Fury turned to face them, looking as lost as most, "We received reports of signs of struggling through her communicator, and despite her saying she was fine, many of the Agents on the mission didn't believe her. A few hurried to her location, but when they got there, it was too late."

"This happened yesterday, and you are only telling us today?" Tony snapped angrily.

"We had to be sure. I had my Agents look high and low for (Y/N) - there's no sign of her at the facility." the director rubbed his forehead from the headache that was beginning to occur.