Chapter Eleven

I keep on hoping to find you

Reaching in between the sheets

Baby, it's only been one night

Feel like it's been like a week

Tossin' and turnin', tossin' and turnin'

Flipping the pillow, pulling the curtains

Reaching in between the sheetsBaby, it's only been one nightFeel like it's been like a weekTossin' and turnin', tossin' and turnin'Flipping the pillow, pulling the curtains

Chapter Eleven - Fist Fights

Blake's POV

They said it wasn't a form of heat, since I hadn't marked her. It was that obvious as well, I didn't need a fucking doctor to tell me that one nor a medical degree for me to know that. It was simple fucking wolf knowledge.

The other prognosis was that she was sick due to a bacterial infection. Normal Wolves were not subject to such sickness and disease, but due to her weakened state and the possibility of her wolf resurfacing, it is likely she is just subject to the common cold which led to a bacterial infection and lead to her being violently sick. Further, it is likely that there are still harmful bacteria in her bloodstream, causing her to be weaker than the majority of Wolves.

Of course, in normal medical terms she was just ill, but that didn't mean shit against my orders.

So, I sat on the side of the silken King-Sized bed I had requested a couple hours prior to be moved into the main bedroom of my home, looking over my ill mate. My knee was bouncing up and down anxiously waiting for a sign of life other than her heart beat or breathing pattern, my chin held in the palm of my hand which rested on the knee which wasnt bouncing up and down. She looked so fragile and small in comparison to the soft sheets that enveloped her frail body, making me only more protective of her than what should have been considered normal.

I brush a piece of her dulled brown hair from her face and tuck it behind her ear gently, noticing her breathing pattern rise slightly when I let my fingers graze delicately over her skin. I sat next to the bed, dressed in the same suit as I had been previously, out of respect. Elena would prefer me to be suitably dressed when she awoke. She would also prefer distance. She held trauma and I had to respect that. There would be no pushing her.

I huff. It had been hours since she had fallen whilst I returned home. I had ordered the Doctors to the home prior out of a feeling that she was to be in harm's way, and I was grateful that I didn't need to take her far away to the Hospital Wing of the Pack Castle. That would be ineffective in letting her become comfortable with her surroundings, and most likely inhibit the slight trust I had built with her.