Chapter Fifteen

Don't cut me down, throw me out, leave me here to waste

I once was a man with dignity and grace

Now I'm slipping through the cracks of your cold embrace

So please, please

Could you find a way to let me down slowly?

A little sympathy, I hope you can show me

If you wanna go then I'll be so lonely

If you're leaving baby let me down slowly

Chapter 15
Elena's POV

The mystery man was scary.

It was a quick assessment. Easily gathered as well. I purposely pushed myself further behind Blake, placing my hands on his warm back to stabilise myself while standing. I threw my head out slightly so I could see the interaction between the three people in front of me, but I still felt that the older mystery man was unsafe.

I didn't like him very much.

The woman on the other hand was sweet. She smelt like literal honey, and she had a warm glow around her. She was older too, around his age making the pairing between the two not unusual.

Most mating pairs were similar in age.

Her eyes lit up in a bright smile when I caught her eye, her cheeks popping with small dimples and a beautiful glow radiating further from her skin.

"Uncle." It was a dismissive tone, and I realised that Blake was still annoyed at being summoned here. I look at the man once more, realising that Blake and him do dare share the same features.

Yet Blake wasn't as frightening as this man here.

Is this what other people felt when they looked at Blake?

"Alpha."

The mystery man had the same dark midnight hair except his was peppered with salty strands but they did have a similar bone structure. Similar eyes, but a crooked nose. He had tattoos trailing up his arm, void of any colours, I recognise that the colourless tattoo gave him a darker aura.