Chapter Sixteen

These voices in my head screaming, "Run now",I'm praying that they're humanPlease understand that I'm trying my hardestMy head's a mess but I'm trying regardlessAnxiety is one hell of a problem

I'm praying that they're human

Please understand that I'm trying my hardest

My head's a mess but I'm trying regardless

Anxiety is one hell of a problem

These voices in my head screaming, "Run now",I'm praying that they're humanPlease understand that I'm trying my hardestMy head's a mess but I'm trying regardlessAnxiety is one hell of a problem

Chapter 16 - Consumption

Blake's POV

I woke up to a loud, and utterly worrisome cough from Elena, and immediately shot up from my makeshift bed. I was previously sleeping on the couch as I had been doing for the past few weeks – not that I minded of course, - but her symptoms of sickness urged me to the side of her bed.

The sheets were draped at her waist, unveiling the top of a sweatpatched t-shirt.

She whimpers in a low tone and turns over in the sheets, a frown on her face as it bunches up around her waist. I push my knee onto the mattress and lean over her slightly shaking form, pursing my lips whilst I watch her for a few seconds.

I don't know what to do with a sick person.

I didn't take care of them. Of course, I had visited them but I did not care more than their minimal survival to know what to do.

Fuck.

I claw at my head for anything.

My mother used to check my temperature whenever I was sick. I should start there. Chewing my lip, I wait until she turns her head towards me, allowing me to rest a cool hand against her burning forehead.

This was the most anxious I had ever been before. What the fuck was I supposed to do here?

I wait a couple of seconds for the temperature of my palm to settle and allow me to compare it with my own forehead. I scrunch up my nose at the feeling of my hot mate, where own temperature was far above mine. I was supposed to be the one here that was naturally warm-blooded in comparison.

"Fuckity Fuck Knuckles," I mumble the profanity under my breath, praying to anyone that she didn't hear the words. Otherwise, I will be probably silently scolded for it. She did this thing where she would never openly scold me, but her brow would furrow and her nose would twitch once if she didn't like something I said. It was rather cute in practise, but I knew why she didn't say it aloud.