A new member

"Levy! Lucy!" levy and i where just relaxing on the patio of the house when Axon comes bounding down the path way waving a sheet of paper in his hand. the boys where off with Auma doing their dragon slaying training, so it was just the two of us.

"Axon?"

"is everything all right?" steeping down from the decking we walk up to meet him, he nearly runs past us in his excitement. 

"Look" shoving the paper in out faces he looks excitedly between us. Taking the paper away from my face i hold it out for both levy and i to read.

THE GRAND MAGIC GAMES! reads the title and instantly i know exactly what i'm holding. a quick scan of the rest of the paper confirms my suspicions. it's the poster inviting all guild to submit a team to participate. 

"Can we?' he asked looking like a child whose parent had just brought them to the biggest amusement park ever.

"hold up, first off what do you mean we? your not even part of the guild"

"yeah but." he shuffles awkwardly. "i was hoping that maybe you would let me join?" i look at Levy and she looks at me.

"you want to join Dreamtime?" he nods.

"yeah, and not just so that you will have enough people to enter the games but because i really want to. i know that you said that your guild is strictly only for people who have been neglected but i fit that category." then he add. "don't it?"

"do you?"

"yeah well my dad's dead and my mum's left, so i have been living on the streets since i was seven. i don't really have any connections and since a couple of months ago i was just living life day by day." this is the first that we have ever heard of this. "but then you guys showed up and suddenly i had something to look forwards to, i had friends that where loyal unlike the other people that i have met who only wanted me for my skills."

up until now i hadn't realized how hard of a life Axon has had. and with the look that he's giving us now it's quite hard to say no.

are you thinking what i'm thinking? Levy's voice echos in my head.

i say we let him into the guild but ask the other and think about the games for now. i reply.

we should probably ask them about letting Axon into the guild anyways she points out.

good point 

"hey are you two doing that telepathic thing again?" Axon doesn't look mad just worried. "i know that this is really sudden so if you need time." he takes a step back and before i know what i'm doing i reach other and grab him arm, almost to stop him from running away.

"Axon wait."

"we would love to have you in the guild, but first we have to ask the others. and you have to ask Auma." he smiles gratefully but also a little worriedly. 

"but what if she says no? Auma doesn't really like me"

"it's not that Auma doesn't like you, she just doesn't trust you. but i'm sure that you can grow on her like you already have."

"yeah but-"

"she's not going too say no Axon, plus. how do you know she's going to deny you if you can't ask?" Levy reasons with him.

"okay so where is she?"

"you want to ask her now?" i ask a little taken back.

"yeah, before i loose my nerve. that woman scares me." ever since Auma flipped him when he first came here he's been scared of her. even though he comes nearly every day and even though she's started teaching him how to fight. he's still scared of her.